Chapter 6 - ice cream

Josephine

Atlanta is surrounded by very high temperatures these days.
It is suffocatingly hot and it is very difficult to enjoy the view while going for a walk.
There isn't a cloud in the sky for miles. The blue that dominates us is electric like the tension that often forms between us. There's this electricity in the air that's hard to ignore.
Hero and I are together.
Again.
We have to be together, Anna recommended that we spend time together, right?
We don't do it on purpose.
No, no.
We are dutiful and it is something that must be done.

Liar.
What do you say, conscience? I can not hear you!!!

The idea of having an ice cream wasn't bad, except that the heat made it melt in just two minutes!
We all got dirty to eat it quickly and avoid it ending up on the floor!
Hero's mouth is completely chocolate brown and mine is a mix of pistachio and strawberry.

"Let me taste the strawberry!" He leans towards me to take a bite of my ice cream.
Or what's left of it.

"Hey! No!" I quickly move away, chuckling. “You have yours!”

"Would you like to taste it?" His ice cream is practically completely melted and dripping everywhere.
He laughs looking at his hand covered in sticky ice cream.

When he laughs, and it happens often, his eyes light up.

"No, thank you!" I laugh back "But it's as if I accepted!"

"Oh, come on," He quickly approaches with his hand and I find a finger in front of my mouth "Try it! It's delicious!"

"Hero!!!" I burst out laughing when he tries to stick all the ice cream on my face with his hand. I start running to get away from him.

"Wait!!!" He chuckles running after me.
We are laughing like crazy.

"We're a mess now anyway!" He looks at me, pointing out that I too have ice cream everywhere. Even on white shoes, which until recently were immaculate!
Today it is so hot that the idea of having an ice cream was perhaps not exactly brilliant.
We barely had time to taste it as it was already melted!

Hero walks over to a trash can and throws away the sticky mess that was left in his hand.
I'm a little enchanted looking at him.
This boy is truly hot, beautiful in every sense.
I'm more and more shocked!
And do we want to talk about how much fun I have being with him? He always does something that makes me laugh out loud!
He is truly a great colleague.
Co-worker.
Repeat after me: colleague, co-worker!

Suddenly, he grabs my arm and pulls me towards him from behind, pulling me against his chest.
It takes me by surprise and I can't react right away!
What is he doing?!?
For a moment I lose my balance and my breath catches in my throat.
His arms surround my waist, strong and delicate at the same time.
His chest on my back.
It's as if time has stopped.
I try to understand what to do when he holds me close.
With one hand he touches my face and only then do I understand: ice cream!!! Sticky ice cream on my face!!!
He laughs in amusement as he continues to rub my face with his sticky hands!
He took advantage of my moment of distraction!!!

"Ahhhhhh!!! Hero stop!!!" I burst out laughing and wriggled away.
The ice cream falls from my hands, making even more of a mess than before.
"Look at this disaster!!!" I can hardly breathe from how much I'm laughing and he seems to be doing the same thing.
I hear him chuckle and the contact with his chest feels good.
Handsome.
Really nice.
I won't say anything else. It's better.
He finally lets me go and I turn to him, trying to catch my breath and come up with a plan for revenge.

"Ehi, Hero..."
Suddenly I have an idea!
“In my opinion... you need a shower!”

It's a moment. I lean towards the fountain next to us, take some water with my hands and throw it on him!
An anomalous wave overwhelms him!!!
He is stunned as the water begins to drip from his hair!!!