Chapter 13 - Lunch

Josephine

The emotion of this day is indescribable.
We are doing so many things, at such a fast pace, that my enthusiasm is growing by the hour.
I can't wait to start shooting on set in earnest.
I have to admit that I still haven't fully recovered after the photoshoot we did this morning.
It was a whirlwind of emotions for various reasons but the best part came later, when I was getting ready to go out to lunch with the whole crew.
Hero and his erection.
It could be the beginning of an adult film.

I burst out laughing as I dry my hands.
My reflection in the mirror is of a genuinely amused girl.
Yes, the fact that Hero got excited while in the room with me, makes me smile. They were moments of panic and if I think about it, it makes me laugh even more.
I would have an avalanche of jokes to make to him just for the sake of annoying him, but I'm avoiding anything, since we are in the midst of an avalanche of people who seem to have eyes only for us.
By the way, Hero and I are sitting right next to each other, so we make it easier for everyone.
Luckily lunch is almost entirely a buffet and we don't have to constantly sit, in fact we are all moving around the room it seems.

I left for a moment to go to the bathroom, but now it's time to return to the table.
Our main orders are yet to arrive and there is a lot of chatter in the place.
We have practically occupied it all, given that there are so many of us. I think there are at least 50 people in here!
I introduced myself to everyone, I hope. I think it's important to establish a pleasant work environment and being kind to everyone is in my nature.
I don't like being rude and this also involves exchanging a word with anyone.

"Hey! Josephine!"
I turn towards a girl with short hair and funny glasses on her nose.
I recognize her immediately: the assistant costume designer from this morning.
She's much more relaxed now and I'm happy about it.

"Hey Annie!" I smile at her and hug her briefly, as if we've known each other for years. She will be around my age and in a room full of people much older than me, never seen before, it's nice to see a familiar face.

"I have prepared more clothes for the next dress rehearsal!" She announces enthusiastically, clapping her hands in front of her. A big smile paints her face and I smile at her reflexively.

"Did you choose them this time?" I ask in a mixture of surprise and relief. They will definitely be better dress than they were this morning. Not that it takes much, actually.
She nods happily "It's my first assignment! I really hope you like them!" She sighs as the smile suddenly disappears from her face.
I look at her questioningly and follow her gaze.
Hero.
She is looking at Hero who is approaching us.
I want to laugh, but I hold back. I don't want her to think I'm making fun of her.

"Hey! I was about to come see what happened to you!" He puts his arm around my shoulder, smiling.
He pulls me towards him and I breathe in deeply his wonderful scent.
It tastes like coconut and lemon, a strange mix but it's kind of a drug for me now.

"They had asked for a ransom, but I paid out of my own pocket!" I make fun of him. "If I was waiting for you... Pfff!"

"The famous 'toilet gang'! Brrr... how scary!" He says seriously and then bursts out laughing with me.
I think these jokes only make the two of us laugh, but that's okay. I love that.

I turn amused towards Annie, who is looking at us shocked. She is completely engrossed in watching Hero.

"Have you met Annie yet?" I look at Hero and he gives her a gentle look.
"No yet" he holds out his hand "Nice to meet you, Annie!"
His smile lights up the room and makes me sigh for the thousandth time today.
He is always so kind to everyone! I love it!
Annie hesitantly holds out her hand "Hi! Hey! Hey, there!What's up? How's it going?" She rants something as she smiles from ear to ear and makes a gun gesture, complete with a wink.
I feel like laughing terribly and try to hold back.
Plus, I'm glad I'm not the only one who freaks out around this guy. It seems to be a normal thing, so much so that he doesn't even notice it.