Chapter 5 - The park

Josephine

A light breeze gently caresses my face, as I close my eyes and raise my head, sitting in the shade of a huge tree with branches full of very green leaves.
I take a deep breath of the fairly fresh morning air, enjoying the feeling of peace.
Today is actually the first, and perhaps only, day off that I will have for quite some time, at least in the next couple of months.
Last night, Anna recommended that I rest as much as possible, to recover from the jetlag, but I can't help but think about how little time I have left to learn the entire script and rehearse the scenes. I slept last night, but definitely not enough.
I have this fixed and constant thought that if I can't finish reading and studying the script, this experience will be a disaster.
I'm not pessimistic by nature but I like to have control over things and right now, I don't have it!

I have to admit that the idea of coming to the park to concentrate on the script was really excellent.
It's quiet, you can only hear the birds singing and the traffic noise is just a sound in the distance. It doesn't feel like you're in the city center but in some suburban village. These trees along the avenue that runs alongside the park are truly enormous and the bench I am sitting on is right under one of them.

The detail that I hadn't considered, however, was only one and right now it's snorting.
Hero.
Yeah, I didn't take into account that he would be joining me and that focusing on the lines would be really difficult with him next to me.
Just knowing him next to me distracts me. It's incredible.
I find myself watching him side by side when he's busy reading and isn't paying attention to me. I steal these little moments to try to understand who is the person who will support me in this adventure.
It's my, our, big chance and we can't make missteps.

We've been sitting on this bench for about an hour now and I think I've only managed to read one scene.
Just one.
Absurd.
I may have read it 400 times, but there is still only one scene!

"What's bothering you?" The boy who upsets my thoughts turns towards me to observe my expression.

I sigh and close my eyes.
"You!" I exclaim taking him by surprise.

He raises his eyebrows in amazement and chuckles at my candid admission.
"I'm trying to concentrate!" I snort, pointing at the script, as if he doesn't know exactly what I'm doing. He stayed here with me for this very reason.

He nods, chuckling in amusement and peeks at my red folder where I keep all the notes on the script and the book.
"Hey! These are private things!" I hurry to hide it from his sight.
Just all the thoughts and ideas in here, it's not meant to be shown to the world.
He smiles instinctively, before asking me what exactly it contains.
"Notes, notes on characters and situations. Things like that..." I reply, trying to give it little importance.
It's actually essential for me!
Without this folder I would feel lost!

"Ah! So you're the nitpicky!" He teases me by tapping my shoulder with his.
I smile, keeping my gaze on the script while I highlight with a pencil a line that I consider important for the scene to be shot.

"I wouldn't say that" I mutter "But I want to do my job well!" I raise my gaze and meet his, attentive and serious.
“So now, please, let's work!”

He raises his hands in surrender, with a smirk on his lips "Hey calm down, calm down! I'll be good, I promise!"
I let out a smile and he looks at me, smiling and continues reading the book he asked me to borrow a little while ago.
After.
I may not have read the whole script, but he has never opened a book in the saga! Absurd, right?
I see him concentrating and reading in silence. Funny expressions appear on his face and I can't help but lean towards him to see what is amusing him so much.