Chapter 9 - Let's start!

Josephine

Waking up early in the morning should be prohibited by law.
I don't know, like:
'it's absolutely forbidden to get out of bed before 7.30, in fact we'll even do 9.30 just to be on the safe side.'
But no, I live in a frenetic world that can't wait to start working from the first light of dawn. What fun there is in all this is still a mystery.
Nothing beats the feeling of staying under the covers, in absolute relax.
Yes, even if it's a thousand degrees outside, I always sleep at least with a sheet on me. I don't know why, but it makes me feel good.

Noises distract me from absurd thoughts this morning in Atlanta.
I will have to open my eyes, despite myself.
I hear Hero in his room opening and closing drawers.
Then the sound of water running in his shower. Well, he's already awake.
How he manages to be so active at this time remains a mystery.
I try to turn off the alarm with a distracted swipe of my hand and it takes me three tries before I catch it and make it stop delighting my ears with that cacophonous sound.

Do they do it on purpose to create these terrible ringtones?
Probably yes.
Who would ever wake up to the melodious sound of birds chirping happily?
I certainly don't. Guaranteed.

I huff as I try to get out of bed.
I stretch a bit before sitting down on the covers.
The light filters through the window, creeping into the places not covered by the heavy blackout curtain.
It will already be very hot outside and I'm sweating just thinking about having to go out.
Today the first official tests await us with Anna and Jenny.
We've never rehearsed in front of them and this is thrilling.
Yesterday I panicked a bit, but rehearse with Hero reassured me a lot.
Me and him together, forgive my modesty, we are a fucking bomb!
I don't think I've ever had this chemistry with anyone before. It is something magical and unique.
All this makes me breathe a sigh of relief because I already know that there are excellent foundations for succeeding in this undertaking as best as possible. It all depends on us.
We're a team, as he always tells me when he sees me panic.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty!"
I suddenly turn around and see him.
Leaning against my doorframe with that dimpled smile on his cheeks that makes my heart skip a beat every time I see him.
He's in his bathrobe, his hair still wet, and he's looking at me amused.
I, on the other hand, am in my pajamas with pigs printed on them, with my hair disheveled and my eyes still half closed. Truly a spectacle!

"Are you still in your pajamas?" He smiles, crossing his arms over his chest. He watches me curiously while I can't think of anything else that is here a few steps away from me, naked.
He's naked!!!
Ok, he's wearing a bathrobe but it's a measly layer of fabric and...
Oh God, how will I face this day if this is the beginning?
I pass a hand over my face sighing "Good morning to you! Crazy guy who wakes up at dawn already full of energy!" I snort "Do you have any idea what time it is?" The question comes out like a moan.

"Time to get up! In fact, if you don't move we'll be late!" He puts the hood of his bathrobe over his head, rubbing his hair.
His gaze is still on me. He doesn't let go of me for even a second.
And I can't look away.
How damn sexy is that?!?
It should be illegal too, in addition to the alarm clock ringing too early in the morning.
"Jo, come on! Are you coming?" He asks again, clearly waiting for me to get out of bed.
Yes, I was literally enchanted, I admit it.
But do you have any idea what it means to find this boy in your room, first thing in the morning, half naked?
No, you have no idea. Seriously.
It's something that can mess with your brain!
I'm trying not to think about how soft his skin must be.
Obviously without success because I find myself out of breath, without having lifted a finger.

"Coming, coming!" I get up listlessly, hoping that my expression, under his attentive gaze, does not betray the unchaste thoughts that are crossing my mind.
It would be embarrassing.