Chapter 8 - Let's rehearse together

Hero

The idea of only having a door separating me from Jo is something that confuses me. Totally confused.

I suspected that this door was connected to another room, but I wasn't sure.
I spent at least two days staring at the door and wondering what was on the other side. I actually even opened it one evening when curiosity got the better of me, but the fact that there was a mini corridor and then another door confused me even more.
When I saw that Jo was right in the room next to mine, as crazy as it seemed, I started to seriously think that we had been given two connecting rooms.
I haven't the slightest idea why, but there it is.
As she said, after a few minutes of embarrassment when she realized that she had a room communicating with mine, all this could be useful for rehearse in peace.
Not a bad idea after all.
Strangely, the fact that we are practically strangers sharing two connecting rooms, doesn't seem to bother either of us. I feel comfortable with her. She's funny, always smiling and laughing heartily with me. This thing drives me crazy.
I feel a crazy chemistry between us and I could never have wanted so much!
We are a team and we can face everything together. I don't think it will be a problem.

We spent the evening laughing and joking about the worst nonsense we could think of.
Is there anything more liberating than feeling like yourself, all the time? I don't have to worry about what she thinks of me because I feel totally comfortable when we are together. It's a wonderful feeling!
I must admit that leaving her to go to her room was particularly difficult tonight.
That damn connecting door is staring at me like it's screaming "Open me, open me!"
But I can not.
She told me she had a phone call to make and preferred to have some privacy. I respect her choice.
I took the opportunity to call my sister Mercy and my mother. An endless round of phone calls, but it always makes me feel like I haven't even left London. It's reassuring, in a way, to know that everything is as I left it a few weeks ago.

I sigh as I sit down on the bed.
I hear Jo chatting and laughing, although I don't understand exactly what she says. She's probably on the phone with Mia. She call her often, at least that's what she told me. Or a friend or who knows who.
I shouldn't care, I know. Especially if it was a friend. A male friend.
My curiosity is simple.
We spend so much time together that the few moments we are on our own, I can't think about anything other than what Jo is doing.
It's strange, innit?
I shake my head as if to get this ridiculous thought out of my mind.
I take out my phone and absentmindedly look at the photos my friends have put on Instagram.
I'm getting tons of follows from unknown people. I know Anna put photos of me and Jo on her personal page to announce who will play Hardin and Tessa, but I didn't think I'd get all this attention right away.
I like it, it flatters me, but I have to admit it's a little scary.
It's a great responsibility to bring to life a fictional character but one to which so many people are connected, in one way or another. Hardin is a particular figure, full of contradictions and emotions that he cannot manage.
I am totally different from him. I don't have a traumatic past to overcome and I consider myself a fairly balanced person. I have my family and friends waiting for me in London. Friends who, among other things, haven't stopped writing or calling me since I've been here.
Sometimes Felix calls me every few hours just to tell me some bullshit that made him laugh.
I'm happy and I love the fact that they care about keeping me updated on everything, but as soon as filming starts, I will definitely have less time for them.

Photos of a party everyone went to yesterday apparently pop up in my feed.
I smile instinctively seeing Alex and Morgan goofing around with some girl.
Generally we always go out with our group of friends and there are so many of us, boys and girls. We've known each other forever. I could even say my whole life! When you happen to go to some club and meet new people, it's always something exciting.