Chapter 4 -Breakfast together

Josephine

- Breakfast together -

Since I arrived in Atlanta, everything has been a whirlwind of emotions.
First the meeting with Hero, then with the whole crew, including Anna and the director.
If we add to that the fact that I sleep terribly, it almost feels like I'm living in a dream.
Especially the part where I met Hero.
I feel strange when we are together and a beautiful and scary feeling at the same time.
There is something about him that inspires confidence in me, I don't know why.
I keep getting lost in his eyes every time he looks at me and his voice sends shivers through my body.

I am awakened from the thoughts that crowd my mind by a warm and light wind on my face.
A lock of hair escapes from my ponytail and I quickly tuck it behind my ear, focusing on an indefinite point on the ground in front of me.
It's me and him alone again, now that the whole crew has gone to party somewhere, I don't know exactly where. I didn't ask for anything. I already felt a little embarrassed to refuse their invitation but I just can't stand staying awake for a few more hours.

Hero walks beside me, silently, with his hands in his pockets.
He wanted to stay with me instead of going to have fun.
I raise my head meeting his gaze, so magnetic and reassuring at the same time.
"Are you sure you don't mind? Everyone's already gone and... I don't know, you'll be late to the party." I think out loud and watch it.
I don't want to force him to spend time with me right away, nor do I want him to feel obligated to take me back to the hotel.

"Josephine, I don't mind. I'll do it willingly!" He smiles at me putting his hands in his pockets.

I love my name said by him with a fantastic accent.
I smile, looking down again.
Out of the corner of my eye I see him slightly adjusting his hat on his head.
I don't want to give him the impression that I'm studying him in some way, even if in reality it is.
He intrigues me and I feel the need to know more about him.

I gave him the hat back while we were still inside the restaurant and insisted that he use it this time.
Needless to say, he protested a bit but then had to give in.
I can be hard headed when I try hard, believe me!
Yeah, okay...
Maybe even when I don't put in the effort, actually. But these are negligible details.
I look at him as he walks beside me and I still have this strange feeling on me, right on my skin.
I feel like I've known him for a long time, yet we saw each other today for the first time in our lives.
It gives me peace of mind to be around him, in a way that still seems really strange to me.
Not wrong, just weird.
I've never had this happen to anyone before, that's for sure.

"I didn't feel like staying late in a club" he says after thinking about it for a while "I'd rather wake up early tomorrow morning and maybe have breakfast with you, what do you think?" The last sentence is almost a whisper that gives me a myriad of shivers everywhere. Again.
He asked, almost as if he were unsure of my answer.
Of course I want to have breakfast with him!
And the fact that he wants to start getting to know me straight away, I like more than I should.
I know it's what we have to do, Jen made it clear during dinner, but in a way I feel flattered.
Okay Jo, don't fool yourself.
It's work, you are two strictly professional colleagues.
Maybe he even has a girlfriend.
Indeed it is.
He definitely has a girlfriend !
He's just being nice to me, it doesn't mean anything! I appreciate his polite manner, but I shouldn't mistake it for some kind of attraction towards me. Pfff... That would really be so stupid!

"Or if you prefer we can meet later, after breakfast!" Continue, since I didn't really answer him!

"No, no! It's fine to have breakfast together!" I try to fix it immediately "I was just..."