v ━ shopping for their deaths (so fab)

-ˏˋ°•*

REBECCA could feel the magic in the air, years with Circe had taught her a thing or two.

Being able to notice it didn't make her immune.

Rebecca poked him in his bicep. "Jason... The Satyr."

"Um, right. Actually, Your Highness.." He pointed to the gilded cage on the first floor. "That's our friend down there, Gleeson Hedge. The satyr. Could we ... have him back, please?"

"Of course!" the princess agreed immediately. "I would love to show you my inventory. First, may I know your names?"

Rebecca was surprised it was that easy, nothing was that easy.

Rebecca's head got fuzzy when she tried to remember something about names, she tried thinking of myths related to Colchis.

Piper started to say, "Jason, I wouldn't—"

"This is Piper," he said. "This is Rebecca. This is Leo. I'm Jason."

The princess looked at Jason, her skin blazed so much Rebecca thought she saw her bones through her skin.

Something wasn't right but her head was all bottled up.

Then the moment passed, and Her Highness looked like a normal elegant woman again, with a cordial smile and a soothing voice.

"Jason. What an interesting name," she said, her eyes cold. "I think we have a special deal for you. Let's go shopping."

She looked at Rebecca. "I have something great for you too Rebeka." Her eyes glimmered.

Rebecca's head was in full red alarm, but she couldn't move properly or think properly.

The princess gestured toward the cosmetics counter.

"Shall we start with the potions?"

Rebecca got a wave of excitement and nostalgia, back at Circe's island she spent her days concocting and running around bare footed in the sand.

There were no monsters, or selfish gods, or silly prophecies.

"Cool," Jason said.

"More than cool." Rebecca whispered, stepping closer.

"Guys," Piper interrupted, "we're here to get the storm spirits and Coach Hedge. If this— princess-is really our friend-"

"Oh, I'm better than a friend, my dear," Her Highness said. "I'm a saleswoman." Her diamonds sparkled, and her eyes glittered like a snake's-cold and dark. "Don't worry. We'll work our way down to the first floor, eh?"

Leo nodded eagerly. "Sure, yeah! That sounds okay. Right, Piper? Rebecca? " Piper did her best to stare daggers at him: No, it is not okay!"

Rebecca nodded absentmindedly. 

"Of course it's okay." Her Highness put her hands on Leo's and Jason's shoulders and steered them toward the cosmetics. "Come along."