viii ━ i'm from hell, honey

-ˏˋ°•*

MIDAS gripped harder but Rebecca pushed him. The girl ignored the blonde's curious stare.

Her weapon ready

"Hedge!" Jason yelled. "Need help in here!"

For once, the satyr didn't charge in.

Jason and her got close together.

Midas chuckled. "No goat to the rescue? Sad. But don't worry, my boy. It's really not painful. Lit can tell you."

Jason and Rebecca looked at each other. "We choose combat. We will fight Lit instead." Said the blonde.

Rebecca's lips curled with excitement.

Midas looked mildly disappointed, but he shrugged. "I said you could die fighting Lit. But of course, if you wish." The king backed away, and Lit raised his sword.

"I'm going to enjoy this," Lit said. "I am the Reaper of Men!"

Rebecca smiled at him. "Nah, that's me."

Lit seemed disappointed. "You are pretty- pity you are going to be dead."

"We'll see about that." Interrupted Jason before Rebecca could answer.

Rebecca got into position, Jason did too. As if they had done it a thousand times (which they had).

"Come on, Cornhusker." Jason summoned his own weapon. This time it came up as a javelin.

"Oh, gold weapons!" Midas said. "Very nice."

Jason looked at Rebecca's weapon, just as his.

Lit charged.

The guy was fast. He slashed and sliced, Jason and Rebecca could barely dodge the strikes, but her mind went into a different mode analyzing patterns, learning Lit's style, which was all offense, no defense.

Jason countered, Rebecca sidestepped, then Jason blocked. Lit seemed surprised to find them still alive.

"What is that style?" Lit growled. "You don't fight like Greeks."

"Legion training," Jason said, though he wasn't sure how he knew that. "It's Roman."

But he looked at Rebecca, how on earth did she fight like a Roman too?

"Roman?" Lit struck again, and Jason deflected his blade. "What is Roman?"

"News flash," Rebecca said, with slight pride in her voice. "While you were dead, Rome defeated Greece. Created the greatest empire of all time."

"Impossible," Lit said. "Never even heard of them."

Jason spun on one heel, smacked Lit in the chest with the butt of his javelin, then Rebecca struck again and sent him toppling into Midas's throne.

"Oh, dear," Midas said. "Lit?"

"I'm fine," Lit growled.