xiv ━ yay-son's fan club

-ˏˋ°•*

THE plan was destined to fail, but strangely enough Rebecca had hope.

Piper scrambled along the edge, Leo, Jason, Coach and Rebecca walked straight into the clearing.

Rebecca's stomach tugged down with fear and anticipation, her demi-god senses heightened.

"Is this a good idea?" She asked the blonde.

He smiled as if it was a funny question. "Terrible."

Yeah, that wasn't reassuring, but she trusted Jason- Rebecca didn't know if she was happy with this more trusting version of herself.

Jason summoned his golden lance. He brandished it over his head and yelled, "Giant!" Which sounded pretty good, and a lot more confident than Rebecca could've managed.

She probably would've started insulting the giant out of fear and got them all killed.

Enceladus stopped chanting at the flames. He turned toward them and grinned, revealing fangs like a saber-toothed tiger's.

"Well," the giant rumbled. "What a nice surprise."

It didn't sound like a nice surprise.

Leo's hand closed on his windup gadget. He stepped sideways, edging his way toward the bulldozer.

Coach Hedge shouted, "Let the movie star go, you big ugly cupcake! Or I'm gonna plant my hoof right up your—"

"Coach," Jason said. "Shut up."

Enceladus roared with laughter. "I've forgotten how funny satyrs are. When we rule the world, I think I'll keep your kind around. You can entertain me while I eat all the other mortals."

"Is that a compliment?" Hedge frowned at Leo. "I don't think that was a compliment."

Rebecca patted Coach. "Take it as compliment."

Enceladus opened his mouth wide, and his teeth began to glow.

Ew.

"Scatter!" Leo yelled.

Rebecca, Jason and Hedge dove to the left as the giant blew fire—a furnace blast so hot even Festus would've been jealous. (R.I.P Festus).

Leo dodged behind the bulldozer, wound up his homemade device, and dropped it into the driver's seat. Then he ran to the right, heading for the tree harvester.

Jason rise and charge the giant, Rebecca rolled away from the fire's path and with Jason they began doing a Roman formation against the giant.

Coach Hedge ripped off his canary yellow jacket.

Before they could get very far, Enceladus slammed his spear against the ground. The entire mountain shook.

The shockwave sent Rebecca sprawling, her foot faltered and Jason fell.

The giant bellowed, "I see you, Piper McLean!" He turned and blew fire at a line of bushes to Leo's right.