xix ━ flirting for giants 101

-ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

REBECCA soon realised she had to deal with the bigger problem, which wasn't the monsters or the d-list goddess (Khione).

After killing some monsters she looked around trying to see anything that could help them.

No, she had to deal with Pori- Poro- Porph- doesn't matter.

She saw her friends battling the monsters, they seemed to be doing good. So she ran to where the giant was reforming.

She dropped on her knees, but clutched her dagger tight in case she was attacked.

As soon as she placed her palms on the soil that was reforming, her eyes rolled to the back of her head, her body went limp.

She swore she could hear Jason scream her name, but he was angry at her, so it didn't make sense.

Her mind was transported back to the forest, this time she ran, sensing the danger.

Every time she thought she saw the end of the forest, it got longer.

"Rebecca."

She widened her eyes in horror, recognising the voice.

A vine swiped under her foot making her fall. She tried to move backwards, but her back met a tree.

A woman with dark curls like roots, shining green eyes and a crooked smile.

Time was evident on her face but still she was a beautiful woman, type of beauty that wants to make you sob.

The woman bent her knees and tightly clutched Rebecca's chin.

"Rebecca," the girl winced at the woman's grip. "You had to get rid of Jason Grace." Rebecca was quiet. "You even helped him kill your brother- I'm your mother!"

She got up clearly disappointed.

"I gave you countless occasions and help! We had a deal!"

Rebecca gulped.

"Don't worry," her mother smiled cruelly. "The deal is off, you're no longer tied to my life force."

"What?" Whispered Rebecca.

"From now on you can die again- I can't send you back since theres the Prophecy of the eight."

Huh? So she was part of the great prophecy.

Her mother stood in her mortal form, in the way she had met her father.

All her being was contained- not even a fraction of her power was with her, but it was still enough to rattle Rebecca.

Her mother didn't smile. "You don't say anything? You've always been a quiet thing."

Rebecca bit her tongue, which she didn't usually do, but her mother scared her to the bottom of her bones.

Her mother sighed. "It's okay, you're still the eighth. I can work with that."

She woke up gasping, Piper was shaking her. "Rebecca!"

The brunette clutched her for dear life. Rebecca hugged her.

"Girls! I love the reunion but we're having some issues here!" Said Leo.

Rebecca turned around and saw Hera sinking in the ground, Jason distracting the giant.

Fantastic news, no Khione, good news, no monsters, bad news, her giant half-bother was there already re-formed.