xii ━ aphrodite is a fashionista

-ˏˋ°•*

REBECCA dreamt of a daisy field, the sun hit her eyes, for as long as her view reached it was just daisies.

It was peaceful, Rebecca got up, feeling the sun's warmth.

"Rebecca."

She turned around scared.

But it was... her father. Older, his face was relaxed, as if death had made him happier than life. His frowns were less noticeable, his glasses were still there, and the ink under his nails.

"Dad?" She took a step back. "Is this real?"

"Is anything really real?" He smiled at her.

She frowned, her hands were suddenly smaller, she didn't feel as tall. "I tried looking for you... down there."

"I know" He offered her his arm. "Let's walk." She took his arm. "Do you know why I named you Rebecca?"

"Not really."

"Because of Daphne's Du Maurier novel. Rebecca was... she was dead, but her name was enough to haunt the young protagonist and change who she originally was."

"You wanted me to haunt people?"

He laughed, "no, I wanted you to influence. When you were born your mother told me you were to die, unknown, a mistake."

Rebecca felt hurt, even though she told herself she didn't care. "Oh."

"But I always knew you would excel, that's why Rebecca, years from now you will become a story to be whispered about, you'll be remembered."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"You have to move on. You have to forget me."

She stopped walking, "what? Why? I missed you all my life, why are you telling me this?"

They walked some more, out of nowhere a river appeared, with crystal waters that shimmered under the sun.

"Look."

Rebecca knelt down, but it wasn't Rebecca, it was a younger version of her, before the boat reck. She touched her face in horror.

"You have to move on, you were ten when I left and a part of you has been ten ever since."

She got up in horror, "if you wanted me to forget you why did you visit me in dreams?"

He sighed, "not my finest moment, but I had to see you, you're my daughter- and I missed you."

Why did loving her felt a crime to her father? What did she do, maybe she could fix it still.

"There's a prophecy Rebecca, the prophecy of the eight. But once a time it was seven, the eighth was introduced later on by the fates. To balance things."

Rebecca stepped back. "What?"

Her father hugged her, it surprised Rebecca so much she almost judo flipped him. (Could you judo flip in a dream?)