vii ━ a satyr with anger issues

-ˏˋ°•*

LEO looked at her. "Thanks for saving me back there."

Rebecca looked below, worried they were being followed. "Any day Leo."

"We're going to have to put down soon," he warned his friends. Couple more hours, maybe, to make sure Medea's not following us. I don't think Festus can fly much longer than that."

"Yeah," Piper agreed. "Coach Hedge probably wants to get out of his canary cage, too. Question is—where are we going?"

"The Bay Area," Becca guessed. "Medea mentioned Oakland."

Piper didn't respond for so long Rebecca thought she had said something insensitive, but she remembered, Piper's father.

She took her friend's hand and squeezed it, nobody but the two girls saw the gesture.

Leo grunted. "So how do we find Aeolus?"

Jason leaned forward. "You mean you don't see it?" He pointed ahead of them.

"We obviously don't." Rebecca answered ending a dirty look from Jason.

"What?" Leo asked.

"That ... whatever it is," Jason said. "In the air."

Leo glanced back. Piper looked just as confused. Rebecca side eyes him as if he were losing it.

"Right," Leo said. "Could you be more specific on the 'whatever-it-is' part?"

"Like a vapor trail," Jason said. "Except it's glowing. Really faint, but it's definitely there. We've been following it since Chicago, so I figured you saw it."

Leo shook his head. "Maybe Festus can sense it. You think Aeolus made it?"

"Well, it's a magic trail in the wind," Jason said. "Aeolus is the wind god. I think he knows we've got prisoners for him. He's telling us where to fly."

"Or it's another trap," Piper said.

Rebecca shaked her head. "I think because Jason is a son of Jupiter he can see the stuff in the wind."

Leo and Piper fell asleep, after much convincing Rebecca was left in charge of managing Festus and Jason supervising.

Rebecca liked silence, but that one wasn't one she liked. It was tense.

"So..." She started, she was never awkward or unsure.

"I remember what happened at Medea's."

"We almost died, so yes, it would be nice if you remembered."

He rolled his eyes, which was so unlike his 'mister goody two shoes' persona, he only rolled his eyes at her- she was good at pissing off people.

"You know me."

"We've already established that, yes."

He seemed surprised it was that easy.

"Okay but-"

Then they fell, plummeting full force against a forest. For second time in the week Festus had gotten bored of flying and wanted to stop.