Chapter 11: Feeling Empty And A New Routine

It didn't take too long for Alaric and the girls to get back home, but as soon as they got in front of the door, the girls stopped and both looked at him with puppy eyes, as if questioning whether he was going to tell on them or not.

Though to him the answer was quite obvious.

(I won't, since the moment I agreed to help Lilian, I too became an accomplice in all of this. While I'm not a fan of lying, omission is already a part of my daily life whether I want it or not.) Alaric thought to himself before sighing.

Letting some of his thoughts go to the back of his mind for now.

"I'm not saying anything unless there's no way out already." He reassured them with a smile.

"Thank the 15 Divine Lords, you're not a total loser." Crystal sighed in relief while saying that, as she held onto Lilian.

"Don't mind her, she always has a stick up her ass, but I do agree with one thing, thanks for helping us out." Lilian added shaking her head awkwardly.

"Tell me something I don't know. You two are so much trouble." Alaric responded in a tired tone, looking at the girls with a small smile.

This led both girls to look at each other before looking back at him, not a word was said, but there seemed to be an understanding of sorts between them.

"I'm beyond tired! Let's just go in." Crystal broke the silence and pulled Lilian to come with her.

"Yeah, I would like to rest too... Thanks again, Al." Lilian smiled at him before following Crystal.

(I guess I really have to stay as strong as I can, after all, who will project the smiles If I don't... I made a mistake by allowing this world, this new reality to follow the footsteps of AF...

(The consequences weren't in my mind at the time, but now... I just wish we could live in a peaceful reality... Oh well, I better stop daydreaming and start getting ready for the King's call. The era of heroes is just a few years off from now.) Alaric began thinking about the reality he was allowed to me.

It was a much simpler decision when it was just a game and mere wishful thinking, but now that he had experienced something like what happened today, all he wanted to do was punch the version of him who made those vague decisions. However, there was no going back, only forward.

Without saying much more they all went inside and soon found the adults in the living room, calmly conversing.

"But I do think that it should be possible to accomplish in another 2 to 3 years now that things have reached this point, especially considering the popularity of some of the products I have access to.

"Though I must admit that things will most likely get rough with how competitive the environment is for merchants at this level." Dad said before she sipped from her tea.

"Oh please Loralaine, don't play the nice with me. We both know you're the one your competition should be worried about, besides, if anything, won't your parents just cause havoc and bring disaster if something goes wrong?" Grandma waved her hand as if to shrug it off as an unnecessary worry.

"Ericka, how can you be this insensitive? Can't you see the she's not comfortable with that?" Grandpa shook her head as she pointed to Father who indeed seemed bothered by Grandma's words.

"Fine, fine, I won't say more, but you can't just run away from the truth forever, especially when that truth is blood-related." Grandma continued while rolling her eyes.

"Ericka! Really?" Grandpa questioned with a frown on her face.

"Enough Chandra, I got your memo. I wanted to talk to my daughter but she's taking too long, tell her to come to my room once she's back." Grandma said before getting up to leave.