Chapter 16: Final Exam(1/2)

"What the hell just happened?!" Alaric had experienced things like this in the game, but the first-hand experience was just a completely different level.

"Well, I introduced you to some of the 23 Disasters of Mirth. I can't get into details right now as it might alter the future in the wrong way, but they were restricted very long ago because of their methods.

"In the past, they were known as the great beings who went being a mere mortal, known commonly as Living Celestials Or the Living Moons, and It was said that every one of them could destroy the moon if they wished to, hence the name.

"That's how terrifying those individuals are, don't let yourself be fooled by their nonchalant attitude, they are merciless and extreme.

"If they couldn't keep each other in check even the restrictions on them probably wouldn't be enough." Ark answered with a smile making the boy question if this man was capable of stopping smiling.

"I understand that, it's not a simple matter. I assume that nobody could kill them and that's why they were sealed?" The situation dawned on Alaric and he had to ask.

"No, it's not just that nobody could kill them. Nobody could fight them at all period. If I still had my celestial body, they would be easy to deal with, but as a mortal, they are an unreachable wall.

"Even the strongest adventurers at the mithril rank or the celestial combat apostles are nothing when compared to them. They are the reason Mirth has 13 continents.

"From what I know there used to be 1 continent standing, but the 23 Living Moons somehow acquired the level of power they have. The world as you know it today and all that's left in Mirth was molded by these individuals in various ways." Ark explained maintaining his smile.

"How were they restricted then? If nobody could hold their own against them?" Alaric was curious at this point.

"That actually was the work of a singular individual. The greatest abnormality in the entirety of Mirth, the man known as the Awaking Dreamer." Ark sighed as he spoke.

"What?... That contradicts all you were saying earlier! What's the point then? If this guy can just handle them all then just have him do it." Alaric expressed with a slight frown, already expecting an explanation.

"It's not that simple. Not the mention the problems that could be brought by a socio-political side, this guy isn't really under the control of anyone... He's more of a wild card than a trump card.

"Even I can't see what's going on with him. It's too risky especially when he just won't listen. You are much more... Humm... Approachable with great potential. As expected of a Trexus." Cardinal Ark expressed with a slightly forced smile.

"Calling me easy doesn't help you... But that's beside the point if there is so much brewing, I'll need my family taken care of in all this." Alaric put it on the table.

"No worries, I still have things under control. For now, the focus should be on the Solar Knights and their expansion.

"Their next crusade will start soon and they will cause damage, though how much they'll be able to do will depend on the Royal family and The Church of the 15 Divine Lords. You have nothing to worry about from me.

"Your family will be ok. Just know that things might be different... When you return from Palace or even the academy." Ark reassured him while setting up expectations, his smile having returned.

"I don't have to worry about family either way, according to my mother in a few months, my eldest siblings will come back. From what she says when she brags about them, I imagine they are close to Uncle Ross's level despite being half his age." Alaric was not too worried about his family, his mother, and father didn't seem to know much about fighting, but weren't weak, while at least one of his grandparents was a great warrior once, but had been retired for a long time now.