Vol-2 Chapter 1: The Moment Is Here

In the simple hallway of a school, a young man could be found walking, and on his face not only a frown but eyes embedded with deep tiredness could be found, as each of his steps carried a weight being just his body.

Those sluggish movements together with his messy hair, rugged clothes, and crocked posture showed a rather unsightly image.

However, it did not end there, as the people around noticed this state, and not only that, they seemed to have words for him beyond his current state, as whispers and comments began to circulate.

"Just look at him, he's such a weirdo... Why didn't the school expel him yet, he's clearly not a person who deserves anything good."

"I don't know, honestly I can't believe it... I mean if it's true they would have already arrested him, right?"

"He's a real monster... like one of those guys who's not right in the head, he shouldn't be here with us, it's so creepy."

"Yeah, I can't even relax anymore since I don't know if some crazy guy will just attack me in school, great..."

"I mean... I don't know, It's probably just a rumor, right?"

"It's not! I have a friend whose sister's best friend, has a cousin who's boyfriendʼs younger brother was there when it happened. The police took him."

"That doesn't mean anything... I don't think we can know for sure until someone gets arrested."

"I'll stay away from that creep regardless."

The talking did not stop and as he continued to walk, the boy heard more and more from various different people, more and more of the same.

This caused his breathing to accelerate as he began to hold his chest and more and more voices could be heard.

"It was your fault..."

"You're clearly a monster..."

"Someone like you didn't deserve to be born."

"I guess this is why the death penalty ever existed."

Their words became closer as he found himself completely surrounded by these people, like shadows growing bigger the longer he heard them, saying more and more, and his breathing only got worse as he found himself not having a breath.

"This is the only way a creature like you should end."

"You're not even human anymore, so you shouldn't have rights..."

"This is what you get for what you did..."

"I don't understand why I ever believed in you... You're even this quick to find new happiness after what you did, truly disgusting. You know you don't deserve that." One last shadow was the biggest of completely towering over him.

"I failed... I was a coward... I didn't want to... It was my fault... I don't deserve this..." The boy said to himself as tears began to accumulate in his eyes.

____________________________________________

"It... It was my fault... I don't deserve this..." Alaric let out as he was shaking in his dream.

"... Young man... Are you ok?" The man with him inside the royal carriage shook him, to wake him up.

"Aaahhh!.... *Huff* *Huff* *Huff*..." Alaric out of reflex pulled out his weapon and turned it into a sword that almost stabbed the man who woke him up, leaving a cut wound on the man's cheek.

"It... It.... IT.... Is a go- g- Good! Thing you are awake!" The man was trembling in fear after almost getting killed by such a simple gesture.

"I'm very sorry!" Alaric had an awkward smile as he recalled his formless weapon and stiffened not knowing what to say after what he almost did.