Chapter 15: The Apex?

After the discussion with Dad, the party continued, and, following that Alaric's routine went back to normal. It now consisted of helping Mother in the morning with the bakery while taking some time to train magic, training with Uncle Ross and finally working with Dad. The lessons he had before were already just a memory of the past.

Days passed like that and it was finally time for him to be baptized, just as it was before, many people were there and he joined the line of children. Even though, he knew that whatever happens, he would be ready for it, he couldn't really eliminate this feeling of worry building up in his chest.

It took time, the same way it had during the past times, but now that he was part of the line himself it was quite stressful to have to wait for such a long time, for something you knew would heavily affect your life from that point onwards.

After what felt like an eternity, it was finally his turn, and he kneeled there at the altar as the Cardinal, Ark, began prayer chanting the ritual of baptism. In the few seconds that felt like years, the baptism status appeared right then and there for all to see.

[Baptism Status]

[Name: Alaric Nyx Lofn
Age: 14 years old
Sex: Male
Class: Slayer(Normal class/Growth type)
Bloodline: Papinijuwari(7 Stars), Lesser Asura(16 Stars), Dimensional Hero(18 Stars)
Physique: Blessed Human(10 Stars), Dimensional Hero(18 Stars), Papinijuwari(7 Stars), Lesser Asura(16 Stars)
Blessings: None
Fate: Only a path full of challenges awaits him]

[Notice! Master, your bloodlines, and physiques related to your bloodlines have been awakened. You have also gained the class Slayer. Congratulations!]

[As a result of your awakening you have gained the skills: Lesser Asura Form, Papinijuwari Form, And Strong Soul]

[Lesser Asura Form: This skill allows the user to take the form and abilities of a Lesser Devil Asura. Mana will be consumed to access and maintain the form.]

[Papinijuwari Form: This skill allows the user to take the form and abilities of a demonic cyclops. Mana will be consumed to access and maintain the form.]

[Strong Soul: This skill makes one's soul much stronger than the average and allows for it to grow at a much greater rate than others.]

(Hehehehege! I'll be great!) Alaric smiled widely looking at the floating screen in front of everyone.

The whole church was rendered silent as once again the Lofn had produced a little monster.

"This family's children are not normal... are we sure they aren't Devil Worshippers?"

"Don't say such things, it's unsightly even of likely..."

"If only my kid was at least half, heck a tenth as blessed..."

"How impressive, isn't this kid almost on par with the royalty's children?"

"Pointless, he's not living past his twenties anyway."

"Such is the price of overwhelming talent."

Some people were celebrating as this was a big moment, while others were just surprised that this happened again.

Even so, the ceremony continued, and hours later, Alaric was with his family ready to go home. Though he could see many looks of worry around him, he couldn't care less at this point.

(This is great, I'm one step closer to greatness. I just have to get there now.) He smiled to himself.

The worry he had about this matter had now turned into motivation to rise to the top of Mirth, this was just he what wanted from the beginning.