Chapter Three I Hate My Little Sinister

Y/N POV:

It's finally Saturday.

It's almost two, but I'm yet to get up and actually do something.

I roll over and smash my face into the pillow until I can't breathe.

"Y/N!" My mom's voice slowly peels my face from my suffocating pillow.

"What?" I shout back, aware I sound rude.

"If you're going to that sleepover thing, you better get down here and clean!" Mom yells. "And eat some lunch before you leave!"

"Yes mom!" I shout, going into the bathroom to wash my face.

It's true, I am going over to spend the night at Rodrick's, and yes the band is going to be there, but no, it's not just a band thing.

It's a party.

Middle school me would never have lied to my parents to go to a party, especially since we're going behind Rodrick's parent's backs. My friends have changed me for the better in the way that I'm more willing to take risks. I'm still the most sensible and grade oriented, but at least I know how to have fun now.

I'll admit, I'm a bit nervous that his parents will somehow find out and hate me, but I'm sure Rodrick has it all under control.

He called me this morning, woke me up actually, and explained that his parents are leaving him at home while they go on vacation with his little brother.

So naturally, we're having a party.

I finish cleaning and eat half the fridge, as I'm starving. I have my packed bag and charged phone in one hand, my other hand on the doorknob about to leave. Dad will drop me off.

"Oh Y/N," Mom calls my name. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure," I try to be agreeable since she's letting me go to a boys house for a sleepover. She probably just wants me to clean one last thing. "What's up?"

"Can you take Quinn with you? Just for tonight, one of her friend's older sisters will take her home." Mom looks desperate. "Please? Your dad and I have something planned tonight, and I don't want to hire a babysitter."

"I am NOT a baby!" Quinn shrieks, arriving in the room with her hair unbrushed and in pajamas. "And I don't want to go over while Y/N just hits the piano thingy with friends!"

"Greg will be there, and he's in your grade, no?" I ask, folding my arms. I did not plan on this.

"Yeah, you can hang out with Greg, sweetie." Mom hugs Quinn and ushers her upstairs to get ready.

"Ugh," I slouch against the wall, hoping the outfit I packed looks good once I put it on for the party. I get so bipolar about my outfit choices.

"Are you ready?" Dad comes downstairs, looking around for his keys and phone.

"I was, until I found out my little sinister is coming along." I grumble, and dad smiles.

"Sorry, kiddo," Dad shrugs and opens the front door. "At least she isn't staying the night."

"Yeah, thank God." I reply, sliding into the front seat while Quinn barrels out of the house and into the backseat.

"Why can't I just stay at Em's house?" Quinn whines, and dad chuckles.

"Because we didn't tell Em's parents, whereas the Heffley's already know, right, Y/N?" Dad glances at me.

"Right." I reply, smiling while a bead of sweat drips down my forehead.

"Bye dad, love you." I smile at him as he drives off, leaving Quinn and I on the Heffley's front lawn. I turn towards Quinn as soon as the car is out of sight. "Alright, let's get one thing straight, you little–"

"This isn't just a sleepover, isn't it?" Quinn looks at me understandingly.

I'm so shocked I can't even answer. "Sorry, I didn't understand that with the double negative." I frown.

"What's really going on, Y/N?" Quinn folds her arms and looks like a stern eleven year old teacher. Man, if only her Hogwarts letter had come through and sent her away. Better yet, where the hell is my letter?

"Nothing is planned. But if anything happens, and you tell mom and dad something you know they shouldn't know, I will fucking kill–"

"Y/N, you're here!" Rodrick's voice cuts off my threat, but Quinn isn't fazed. We may love each other as siblings, but that doesn't mean we don't insult each other religiously.

"And I may be eleven, but I'm not stupid. I see the way you look at that emo boy. If you do something I don't like, I'll tell him you have a crush on him."

~~~~

A/N:

SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT IM WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER RN ITS LIKE HALFWAY DONE ITS A BIT LONGER AND MAN THERE'S DRAMA

- wheezely