Chapter Nine Jump in the Fountain or Watch a Movie

A/N: SLIGHTLY STEAMY STUFF BUT I SWEAR NO CLOTHES COME OFF I CAN'T WRITE SMUT LMAOAOAO<3

ENJOY

 "Hey, Axel and all of us are going to the mall. I'll clean when I get home." I inform my mom as I grab my bag and mom's keys.

Mom moves over and snatches her keys from my hand. "Go for it, but find a ride." Mom smiles as she pockets her keys. "I have places to be."

I sigh. "Fine." I close the door behind me and head down the street to Axel's house.

Luckily, I catch her right as she's heading out the door, her infamous ratty tote bag on her shoulder. "Axel!" I shout.

"Oh, Y/N!" They turn around and fling their arms around me. "Penny's on her way to pick me up right now. Or, I guess us." She smiles and we lapse into chatter about everything and nothing. Y'know, best friend bullshit. I interrogate her on Penny, she interrogates me on Rodrick.

Eventually, Penny pulls up in her beat-up old car. Axel and I pile in, and I lounge in the backseat. I can see the two of them holding hands, and I smile as I take a picture to hold over their heads later.

We arrive at the mall in a giggly mood and hang out by the fountain as we wait for the rest of the crowd to arrive. I text Rodrick, who says he's on his way, he just had to pick up Kalon.

Frankie and Jonah pop up next, Malachi in tow. We flash each other a smile before melting into conversation. Frankie and I talk excitedly, and only a few minutes pass before Rodrick and Kalon arrive, deep in conversation.

"Hey," I smile and wrap my arms around Rodrick's torso.

"Hi baby," He kisses my hair and squeezes his arms around me.

"AUGH." Axel pretends to gag as best friend ideals require them to do so. "I rooted for this and now I have to deal with the consequences." Axel pretends to be disappointed, but I can see her smiling.

"Shut up." Penny kisses her partner. "You're just as bad."

"I'm gonna kill myself if you guys don't shut the fuck up." Malachi looks like he's about to jump in the fountain.

"Aww, poor Malachi." I hug him and we all laugh before heading towards the food court. We don't even have to talk to each other to know we're all hungry.

Rodrick intertwines his fingers with mine, and I smile to myself as he, Kalon, Jonah, and I get into a serious conversation about one of the band's songs. No one mentions the talent show, which I'm grateful for, because as prepared as the band is, it's nothing if Rodrick can't play.

I know Rodrick had hired this guy, Bill, because Jonah had something going on that day. I suppose it doesn't matter now.

A jewelry shop is there on the way to the food court, and Frankie squeals and grabs Axel and Penny, yanking them inside. I break away from the guys and join them, giggling at the ridiculous jewelry.

A particular flamboyant pair of earrings with hot pink feathers catches my eye, but Frankie beats me to it, picking up the earrings.

"Oh Y/NNNNN." She teases, and I bat them away from me.

"Oh hell no." I giggle.

Axel has drifted from us and is looking at the more alt jewelry, and Penny's looking at the rings.

Frankie turns back to me. "Imma make Jonah get his ears pierced after you did that to Rodrick." Frankie jokes. Well, I'm not actually entirely sure she's joking.