Chapter Three Top Ten For Sure

RODRICK POV:

"Doesn't matter if you tell him. I don't like him anyway, so how would that affect me?" I can hear Y/N's soft voice because it sounds so heavy with threats. A million questions explode in my head. Why does she need to threaten Quinn? Why is Quinn here? Who is she talking about? Does Y/N like someone? Why hasn't she told me who she likes? I could help her. Not that I'd want to, nothing against Y/N, but the idea of her pursuing some guy who could hurt her–

"Hey," I try again, and Y/N turns towards me, a smile splitting across her face.

"I'm sorry this rugrat had to come, but mom said I have to bring her, but someone will come pick her up probably around eight...?" Y/N trails off as I bring my hand up to her shoulder.

"No need to ramble, Y/N. It's fine." I try to reassure her. Sure, I don't want Quinn here, but maybe she can help keep Greg calm and keep his big ass mouth shut.

Y/N and I talk as we walk inside, and Quinn heads upstairs to bother Greg.

"You know, my parents really like you now because you started coming over to help with the science fair." I tell her as we grab sodas. No one else is here yet, which I'm fine with. The band will get here soon to help set up, but everyone else won't arrive for probably another hour.

"Really?" Y/N seems surprised and happy by this. My mom literally doesn't shut up about her. She thinks Y/N is a good influence or something. Which I guess in a way, she is.

"Yeah." I smile.

"Wait," Y/N pauses, glancing around. "Greg is here? I thought you said your parents took your little brother with them."

"That was Manny." I sigh, burying my face in my hands. "Besides, I didn't expect Quinn to be here."

"Me neither," Y/N pauses. "Well, we'll figure it out."

"Yeah," I reply, but my eyes drop to her hoodie and jeans. "No offense, because you can pull off whatever you choose to wear, but don't you want something, I don't know, more party?"

"Oh, that reminds me." Y/N grabs her bag and heads to the bathroom. "I'm going to change."

"Oh," I pray I don't blush. "Sure. Whatever."

I sit on the couch while she's in the bathroom, and Greg and Quinn fly down the stairs, giggling about who cares what.

"Do you guys want to help set up?" I offer, trying to think of ways to stall them from screwing up the party.

"Yeah!" Greg says enthusiastically, and Quinn nods.

"I knew something was going on, and Greg told me you guys are going to have a party!" The two nightmares entertain themselves by setting out snacks, and when they're done they look at me eagerly.

I think, hard. How can I get these two away just for the party?

"Hey, can you two go get chairs from the basement?" I ask innocently, guiding them there so Quinn knows where the basement is.

"Sure, why?" Greg asks.

"Uh, so we can play musical chairs, you doofus." I smack him lightly upside the head. Clearly I was too nice, because he doesn't even flinch.

"That's for babies." Quinn frowns as I open the basement door.

"It comes back once you're in high school." I snap in return. As soon as they're down the stairs, I slam the door shut and lock it.

"RODRICK, YOU DIP–!" Greg screams, and I kick the door.

"AY! LANGUAGE, GREGORY."

I walk away from the door laughing. I know it's not funny, but it was an ingenious solution.