Chapter Six First Date (the song)

A/N: he is so fine and for what

Y/N'S POV:

"Y/N!" It's almost seven!" My mom calls from downstairs, and I grab my pillow, trying to stop my hands from shaking.

"I know!" I shout, turning my music down.

"Do you like my stupid hair?"

Blink-182's song "First Date" voices my opinions perfectly.

I check my outfit in the mirror. It's similar to the one I wore to the party.

"Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear?"

I've never really cared before, but now it's important. I'm going on a date with my friend, who I guess I can't really call just a friend anymore.

Neither of my parents looked necessarily surprised when I told them Rodrick asked me on a date, but I suppose they were both a bit... nervous? They don't necessarily love Rodrick.

They do see how he makes me happy, so they like him to an extent, though not as much as my other friends.

Anyway, now my mom's acting actually a bit excited about my date. I'm a bit scared my dad will scare him away.

I rush down the stairs, my eyeliner fresh and not as emo as usual.

"Aw, Y/N, you look beautiful." My mom coos and I smile. Even Quinn admits I look nice.

"He's here," Quinn smirks at me, and I hug her tightly. "Go!" She shouts.

"I don't like his van." My dad frowns.

"I mean, he did save up his own money to buy it." I don't add that his mom paid for half and that the job that paid for it was washing cars. At least he had some initiative.

My dad doesn't reply, but opens the door and approaches the van, which surprisingly has music playing at a human level.

"What's he doing?" I ask my mom, who smiles impishly.

"Uh, just wait until he comes back before you leave."

My dad returns shortly and hugs me tightly before letting me go. "Be home by ten." He instructs, and I nod.

"Eleven." My mom mouths as soon as my dads back is turned, and I smile.

"What'd he say?" I ask Rodrick as I get in the van, trying as hard as possible to be casual.

Rodrick laughs as I look him over. He obviously tried to tame his hair, and he's wearing a flannel and band shirt. Normal Rodrick. It relaxes me a bit.

Minus the hair, but I can fix that.

"Basically said I better take care of you. Tried to intimidate me, I guess." Rodrick shrugs as he pulls away from my house.

My heart is thumping ridiculously loud. "Did he?" I ask.

"Well," Rodrick dangerously takes his eyes off the road to smile at me. "Maybe a bit, but I have no problem following his orders. And he seemed to gain a bit of respect for me once he heard I was listening to Metallica."

I laugh, then reach over and mess up his hair.

"What was that for?" He raises his eyebrows.

"You looked too formal." I shrug.

"I tried," Rodrick smiles to himself. "What song should I play?"

I think about it. I want to suggest "First Date" partially because it's still stuck in my head and partially because it's relevant.