Chapter Five Rich People

Y/N POV:

"Guys!" Jonah rushes into the band room. Rodrick and I look up in concern. Penny and Axel couldn't make it, so I had to drive myself and deal with a few awkward minutes of just me and Rodrick silently fiddling with our instruments.

Of course we haven't really talked since the closet fiasco.

"I call Y/N!" Malachi sprints into the room right before his twin.

"Dude, I haven't even explained anything yet." Jonah raises his eyebrows at his brother. "Anyways, you know how my parents are in the country club?"

I nod, even though I didn't.

"So we convinced our parents to let us bring friends. So I'll take Frankie, Mal already said he's taking Y/N, and mom and dad already agreed to take Rodrick and Kalon."

"Wait, what about Axel and Penny?" I ask, leaning over Vic.

"Yeah, uh," Jonah pauses as Frankie finally enters the room. "That's the thing. We can't invite more people than that, we're probably stretching rules already. So we decided to not invite those two because they'd be best at sneaking in."

I nod. "Makes sense. I can help get them in. Maybe a bathroom window or vent or something."

"Knew I could count on you Y/N." Jonah moves over to his guitar. "I think we can go tomorrow. We can all meet up in the front parking lot around noon? They have food, so don't worry."

We all agree and Rodrick leads us in warm ups before we start playing a few originals.

~~~~

"Here's the plan." Jonah pulls our little group into a corner of the country club lobby the next day. I'm a bit out of my element, and I'm scared I'll get lost. "Y/N, you'll go with Rodrick through the basement room where Penny and Axel will come through the window, I'll lead you there then go meet up with Mal to make sure our spots are saved and you make it back safely."

"Wait, why do I have to go with him? Why can't I go with Frankie?" I don't want to complain, but doing something alone with Rodrick sounds like a hazard.

"Wow Y/N." Rodrick mumbles, but I don't look at him.

Jonah grimaces at us. "You'll need someone to boost you up through the window, and Frankie's too short to get you up there."

Dammit Frankie, grow a few inches.

"Fine."

We walk out to the pool area to reserve seats, only to realize we probably don't need to. I've never seen a pool this empty. I notice a familiar blond lifeguard.

Heather Hills.

As long as she leaves us alone I don't care.

Rodrick follows my gaze, which I notice lingers on Heather for a second. I scoff.

Rodrick leans as close to my ear as he did in the closet when he said: "Oh, because you wouldn't be able to resist me if you stay?"

"Jealous, L/N?"

I scoff again, turning away so he can't see my face. "In your dreams Heffley."

"Maybe." He shrugs and tosses his bag onto a chair.

Frankie and I stand near a chair while Rodrick messes around with the twins. We start taking off our outside clothes, since we wore our swimsuits under.

"Ready?" Frankie nudges me towards Rodrick.

"I guess." I turn around and have to force my mouth closed. Rodrick's wearing the same thing he's worn before, the black swim trunks with black shirt.