Chapter Four No Regrets

A/N: THAT GIF UGH HE IS SO FINE HE COULD LITERALLY THROTTLE ME AND I WOULD THANK HIM

i would thank him very much

ANWAY GETTING ONTO THE STORY THIS IS SUCH A GOOD CHAPTER I PROMISE!<3

~~~

Y/N POV:

"This is awkward..." I stutter, leaning against the closet. All that's in here is a vacuum further back and some boxes on a shelf that barely touches the top of Rodrick's head.

"No shit, Y/N." Rodrick replies, but it's hard to see his face in the dark without leaning forward.

"Y-yeah, you know," I continue, babbling like an idiot. "Because friends don't—"

"Oh c'mon, you know you want to kiss me." I can practically see the smirk and cocky tilt of his head. My eyes widen at his bold remark, my heart suddenly loud enough to echo off the closet walls.

I'm silent for a moment. "Oh really?" I reply, a smirk in my voice as well. I lean slightly forward, just enough to see his face. Now he's the one who looks flustered.

"I mean—" He rambles.

"Shut the hell up Rodrick." I command, grabbing the front of his t-shirt and yanking him towards me, crashing my lips on his.

It only takes him deepening the kiss for me to throw my arms around his neck, leaning against him and pushing his back against the wall.

It only takes a second of his lips on mine for me to realize how right this feels. Our gasps for air are the only noise in the closet, the loud party outside seemingly disconnected from us.

Sure, Rodrick never would have been the person I expected to be my friend in middle school, but now I'm here, his hands on my waist and my lips all over his.

Our kiss deepens, and Rodrick sighs against my lips, causing butterflies to attack my stomach. I wind my fingers tighter against his hair, moving my lips down to his jaw.

"Fuck, Y/N." He mutters into my ear, causing my stomach to turn.

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?" I whisper, smirking at him and pressing my lips back to his. Rodrick runs his hands through my hair, and briefly pulls away to place a kiss on my neck. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me close.

I rest my head on his shoulder, kissing his neck gently. "I think for once I might actually need to thank my little sister."

Rodrick laughs, and loud footsteps outside the door yank us apart.

"Seven minutes are up!" Axel crows, and I can feel myself resisting a smile. "Oh my God, Y/N your hair." She lowers her voice, yanking me from the closet and into a corner, leaving Rodrick on his own. "You two actually made out, didn't you?"

I nod, not trusting myself with words.

"Y/N!" Axel squeals. "Details later." They demand, before walking over to Penny.

"I think Penny and Axel should go next!" I shout, catching people's attention. My friends agree, and others join in who think they'd be a cute couple.

Axel glares playfully, but I think she's grateful.

"Payback, bitch!" I crow, and Frankie doubles over in laughter as Kalon shoves Axel and Penny into the closet.

I settle onto a couch, my head swimming with happy chemicals. I need something to eat to ground myself.

I search around for food and come across an unopened bag of chips. I can't even taste it with how floaty I am.

I settle back onto the couch and observe the party, replaying the kiss in my head endlessly. Leaning my head back, I close my eyes for just a moment.