Chapter 26

Author's note: You must have missed our beautiful sculptor. Here she is...

Nie Jiuluo woke up in the morning feeling sore all over, as if she had been beaten up.

As she got up and went to the bathroom to turn on the lights, she first examined her face. One side of her face was swollen like a fermented bun; the corner of her lip was split, and she had to leave it as it was because putting on a band-aid would make eating and drinking inconvenient; there was a fingernail-sized cut on her forehead, which she hadn't noticed before, probably because she was too engrossed in the fight. She put a band-aid on her forehead, immediately giving her face a somewhat resentful look.

After checking her face, she turned to look at herself in the mirror: her back facing the wide dressing mirror, she untied her robe, letting it slip down to her elbows, and turned her head to look at herself in the mirror.

Originally, she had flawless porcelain-like skin, but with the advantages of porcelain also came disadvantages: it couldn't withstand any bumps. While others could just rub or pat where they bumped and it would go away, she would either get a bruise or a hematoma, which would take three to five days to fade.

Now, from her shoulder blades to her waist, there were bruises everywhere, especially the two areas on her shoulder and waist that had been tightly gripped by Yan Tuo, were almost black and purple, which was quite shocking.

Nie Jiuluo gritted her teeth in anger. When she wiped her face with a towel, she imagined the towel was Yan Tuo and exerted force, breaking several cotton threads of the towel.

She had been too tired from the fight last night, and as soon as she lay down, she fell asleep without thinking too much. Now that it was broad daylight and she was clear-headed, she found many aspects of last night's events worth pondering.

Yan Tuo had accomplices. When he came to seek revenge, why didn't he bring his companions along and instead came alone? Was it because of his male ego, wanting to independently regain his dignity?

Moreover, compared to settling scores with her, he seemed to be more concerned about asking her some questions.

What was Gouya, where did it come from? What did Sun Zhou's taking-root-and-sprouting mean, and how was it treated? What about the ghoul?

Interesting, he actually didn't know.

Even if he didn't know, it didn't prevent him from being an accomplice and helping out.

Nie Jiuluo picked up her phone, wanting to mention last night's incident to Jiang Baichuan, typing out a few lines, but then stopped: it was enough to inform him of the matter, was it necessary to let him know all the twists and turns in between?

Just as she hesitated, there were two knocks on the door, and Aunt Lu's voice came through. "Miss Nie, Mr. Cai is here."

Nie Jiuluo put on a cardigan over her robe and went downstairs to see Lao Cai.

Lao Cai, in his fifties, was the owner of an art dealer, selling various high-end art supplies in his shop, including paintings, sculptures, folk handicrafts, etc. He also regularly held various related exchange salons. With many years in the industry and a wide network, he was very good at facilitating transactions. Nie Jiuluo had several pieces of artwork, which he recommended to generous old customers, and the prices usually increased several times.