Chapter 27

Nie Jiuluo had never been so panicked in her entire life.

There's just no way around it; everyone has a breaking point, and hers is fear of water.

In a daze, she felt herself paralyzed in darkness, feeling restless and terrified. Then, a faint white light broke through the darkness, and Yan Tuo followed this light, bending down towards her with a shiny bone-piercing knife in his hand.

Nie Jiuluo's voice trembled uncontrollably, "What are you doing?"

Yantuo said, "Miss Nie, you've made me suffer so much. I'm going to carve off pieces of your flesh, so you'll know what retribution feels like."

As he spoke, the tip of the knife was aimed at her cheek.

Nie Jiuluo's scalp went numb, and she screamed, "No, please."

As an artist, with an extreme pursuit of beauty, she couldn't imagine her face being disfigured with uneven scars and pits. That would be worse than death.

In desperation, she tremblingly reached out and grabbed Yan Tuo's waist, "Let's talk."

Yan Tuo asked her, "What do you want to talk about?"

She said, "We can talk about anything. Let's just talk, slowly."

As she spoke, her hand moved up his back, fingertips tracing the grooves of his muscles through the thin fabric of his clothes, while getting closer to his lips, exhaling softly, and saying, "Let's talk."

She knew she was beautiful, and beauty could sometimes be a double-edged sword.

Finally, Yan Tuo wavered, lowered his head, and kissed her lips.

She breathed a sigh of relief in her heart and responded more cooperatively to the kiss, thinking to herself, let him enjoy it for a while longer, then seize the opportunity to kill him.

***

Nie Jiuluo suddenly opened her eyes.

It was already dark outside.

However, there was always light outside the window, illuminating the surroundings: that was the advantage of living in the city center, where the loneliness of people was dispelled by the lights. She was lying on a soft mattress, surrounded by curtains.

Nie Jiuluo sat up abruptly: this was her home, her bedroom.

What's going on? Was it all a dream?

She immediately touched her hair: it wasn't a dream, her hair felt a bit dry, and there was still some dampness inside, she had indeed fallen into water.
How did she get back? What happened in between?

Nie Jiuluo felt a chill on her back, subconsciously put her hand into her shirt, touched her chest, then reached for the inside of her legs to make sure everything was okay. After confirming that there was no discomfort, she hurriedly got out of bed, opened the door, and leaned out the window.

The kitchen was lit, and Lu Jie was holding a sprinkler, watering the courtyard.

Nie Jiuluo called out to her, "Aunt Lu."