Chapter 59

Chen Fu was a tough nut to crack. With someone like him, hitting him was useless. The more you hit him, the more it seemed like you couldn't handle him, and the more smug he became.

After venting for a while, Yan Tuo stopped.

Chen Fu couldn't even make a sound, his face was almost concave from the beatings, soaked in blood, yet still wore a smile.

Yan Tuo stared at him for a while, then a knife pierced his throat—of course, the scoundrel couldn't be killed, and he didn't know how to kill him, but letting Chen Fu die for a while was also good, so he wouldn't cause trouble.

The flashlight had been on for too long, and the light was weakening. The pump room was much darker than before, with a large pool of blood on the ground gradually solidifying and turning black.

Outside, the wind was picking up, rustling through the vast expanse of grass, creating a desolate sound. From the tips of the grass, it flowed past, while a half moon hung in the sky, thin and frail like a thread, reminiscent of the swollen flesh between Chen Fu's eyes, emitting a eerie and chilling light.

Yan Tuo shivered with cold.

It was time to clean up.

***

Approaching midnight, Yan Tuo drove back to the city. Passing through the outskirts, it felt like he was returning from hell to the human world. The lights were gradually brightening, almost blinding his eyes.

In the past few hours, he had done a lot.

He fetched water from the reeds and repeatedly washed away the bloodstains, covering them with soil, trying to disguise them as much as possible.

He searched inside and outside the pump room, leaving no trace of any items behind. Those he thought he could still use, like Nie Jiuluo's phone, dagger, and so on, were brought back; those he couldn't use and could easily cause trouble, like empty bullet casings, were dismantled and disposed of in different places along the way, either sunk in ponds or buried deep.

Han Guan's body, as well as the front and rear license plates of the Volkswagen SUV, personal items, and documents found inside the car, were doused in gasoline and burned, with the wreckage thrown into the deep well.

Chen Fu had to be taken along, as usual, stuffed into a canvas bag and hidden in the back of the car.

The most troublesome part was the Volkswagen SUV. It was too big to abandon without risk, and burning it was not an option. The best way was to "dismember" it, change the appearance of the car shell, and reintroduce the parts into the market. He drove along rural roads and took the car to an underground parking lot in a nearby county, where he parked it temporarily. He planned to contact his contacts in another province in the next day or two to quickly transform the car and make it disappear.

Although not murder and destruction, each of these things he did, did any of them seem like what a normal person should do? Yan Tuo felt a bit trance-like all the way. There were many cars in the city, and he didn't know which operation had angered the nearby drivers. They honked their horns frantically at him, and even rolled down their windows to curse, calling him "idiot."

Yan Tuo was startled, suddenly coming to his senses. He stopped at the nearest street intersection, and when he looked down, he forgot to wipe the blood off his wrist. He grabbed a wet tissue and slowly wiped it away.

What else did he need to do?

Right, he needed to buy clothes for Nie Jiuluo, at least a clean and comfortable set of pajamas.