Chapter 66

Yan Tuo put his phone back into his pocket, casually took off his overcoat, neatly folded it, and placed it by the tree.

In this season, not wearing an overcoat would naturally be cold, but with his mind highly tense and even his back slightly damp with sweat, it didn't matter whether he wore it or not.

He followed closely to the side door, paused for a moment at the door, then pressed his back against the wall, quietly slipping into the corridor along the wall.

In the dead of night, without lights, he couldn't see, but fortunately, the flashlight from a few people not far ahead became a light source he could use, and once inside the building, they seemed even more excited than before.

Feng Mi said, "Aunt Lin, it's so dark here, it feels like we've returned to the Black and White Gorge, doesn't it?"

Li Yueying snorted and replied blandly, "Not at all, it's far from it."

Feng Mi pouted, "Because there's still light, if you don't believe me, turn off all the flashlights."

Yang Zheng was annoyed, "How can we see the way if we turn them off? Do you still think it's the old days?"

Feng Mi sighed, "Really, I used to have such good eyes, and my nose..."

Lin Xirou cleared her throat softly, "Stop trying to take all the benefits, what's in the past is in the past."

Feng Mi fell silent.

Xiong Hei, at the front, used a key to open the door, the crisp sound of the lock turning was particularly harsh. Soon, one after another, the flashlights disappeared into the darkness.

Yan Tuo seized the opportunity, took a quick step forward, crouched low, palms on the ground, slowly inching forward, the iron door was heavy, creaking as it closed - within a few seconds, his palms were pressed against the lower edge of the iron door.

This temporarily blocked the door. The door was heavy, and Yan Tuo leaned forward, using one shoulder to push against the door, then he peered into the crack of the door.

Fortunately, all five people were moving forward, and no one looked back. Yan Tuo seized the moment and swiftly slipped inside the door.

Almost simultaneously, Lin Xirou softly said to Feng Mi, "Is the door closed properly? Don't be careless like during the day."

Feng Mi chuckled, "Aunt Lin, do you have a lot of thieves here? You're so cautious."

Despite her words, she still turned around. Yan Tuo saw a flashlight beam sweep back, his mind raced, and he instantly lowered his body. The flashlight swept past where he had just been standing, focusing on the iron door.

The iron door wasn't completely closed yet. Impatiently, Feng Mi turned back, and Yan Tuo's nerves tingled with tension. Luckily, the underground level was originally a place for storing miscellaneous items, with many large objects to hide behind. He held his breath and moved forward, quickly darting behind an abandoned packaging machine.

There was a loud bang as Feng Mi bumped into the iron door and pulled it forcefully, saying, "Aunt Lin, are you reassured now?"

Yan Tuo stayed still behind the packaging machine, partly to calm his mind and partly to let his eyes adjust to the darkness.

The first door was breached, but there was still a second one. The second door was a password-locked door, and once it opened, there would be no cover, and everything would be visible. He couldn't follow closely behind.

Waiting for the others to move further away, Yan Tuo stood up from behind the packaging machine, trying to discern obstacles in the darkness.

Half groping, half remembering, he reached the side of the second door. The password door used dry batteries, unaffected by power cuts or lights being turned off. There were dozens of keys on the keypad, emitting a faint blue light in the darkness.