Chapter 33

At 2.30 in the morning, Yan Tuo's car entered the rural road, and in just over a moment, they would reach the plantation. Lin Xirou sat in the back seat. This time, she could only let Yan Tuo drive her. With Xiong Hei not around, and none of his more capable subordinates available, it wasn't feasible to invite just anyone to accompany them on a midnight journey.

As the car jolted along the bumpy rural road, Lin Xirou snapped out of her daze and asked, "Xiao Tuo, are you tired? If you are, drive slower."

Yan Tuo remained silent. Lin Xirou's words seemed like an absent-minded remark, and after saying it, she returned to her previous absent-minded state.

At the plantation, it was pitch black, with only a faint white light coming from the guard room at the main gate. However, Yan Tuo didn't enter through the front gate. Instead, he went around to the back gate and honked twice as he approached.

A dark figure moved beside the gate, and soon the stainless steel electric retractable gate slid aside. Yan Tuo drove the car all the way to the ground floor of the main building. The side door on the first floor was open, and Xiong Hei was waiting there.

Lin Xirou got out of the car and hurried towards him, her high heels clacking against the ground, and the corners of her windbreaker flapping. Yan Tuo sat quietly in the driver's seat, not making a sound or movement.

They had already reached the side door when Lin Xirou remembered Yan Tuo. She turned back and called out to him, "Xiao Tuo, come over here."

Yan Tuo responded with a simple acknowledgment and unbuckled his seatbelt before getting out of the car.

Lin Xirou smiled bitterly at Xiong Hei, "This child is too obedient. If you don't call him, he won't move. It's midnight; can I leave him alone in the car?"

Xiong Hei glanced sideways, observing Yan Tuo walking towards them, and raised an eyebrow disdainfully, "This is being too obedient indeed."

He had thought of saying a few more sarcastic remarks but seeing Lin Xirou's displeased expression, he wisely swallowed them. There's a saying commonly used on the internet: only women can tell who is a cheap woman. Similarly, he wanted to say, only men with discernment can see who is a scoundrel.

Lin Xirou had pampered this cheap son for too long, inside and out.

Was Yan Tuo honest? Although Xiong Hei had never caught him being dishonest, he also never considered him honest.

Yan Tuo followed Lin Xirou and Xiong Hei into the underground floor.

To be honest, he missed the time more than ten years ago. Back then, technology wasn't so advanced, and there weren't so many cameras and modern sensing equipment both inside and outside. He used to sneak in and out of the underground second floor several times. Now it was impossible. Inside and out, you never knew how many electronic eyes were watching, with sound control and temperature control everywhere. Unless you cut off the power and the network, he didn't have the guts to sneak in.

Moreover, the underground area, after continuous improvement, was no longer the vulnerable structure it used to be. Each area had stainless steel doors and bulletproof glass, and access was protected by regularly changing passwords and fingerprint authentication. More importantly, from the surface, everything seemed normal; it appeared to be a well-guarded storage and light-avoiding cultivation area.