Chapter 23

Author's POV

Abhimaan allowed the person to come.

Kritika and Ridhima came with files in their hands and one more girl behind them.

Kritika and Ridhima were afraid to enter Abhimaan's office as they were in the meeting and knew that he was angry whereas Naina was excited to see Abhimaan.

"What is it?" Abhimaan asked.

"Sir actually these are portfolios of the of people who are qualified for the position of your assistant." Kritika said as she pointed towards the files.

"Ok and what are you here for?" Abhimaan asked a question for the girl.

"Sir you don't remember me?" She asked.

"No. You are not someone special." Abhimaan said.

"Haha. Nice joke sir. I'm Naina." Naina said.

Abhimaan looked at Ishika who was sitting in the other corner and she was glaring at him.

'what did I do?' Abhimaan thought.

"I don't care who you are why are you here?" Abhimaan asked.

"Si-sir I thought you may need my help in selecting the assistant so I came." Naina said.

"No worries I'm here to help him to select his Assistant." Ishika said from behind and everyone in the room looked at her.

"I think you are new why don't you do your work." Naina said with a bit of attitude.

"No, I'm not new and I am pretty sure that you know the way out so kindly use that." Ishika said kritika laughed at that but covered it with a cough.

Naina turned towards Abhimaan,

"You heard her. Get out!" Abhimaan said the last part sternly.

Ridhima and Kritika are standing there shocked.

"So this is the girl you like." Ishika said sarcastically.

"No la mia anima she is not." Abhimaan said politely.

Ridhima and Kritika widened their eyes as they asked Abhimaan,

"Sir grant us permission to go." Ridhima asked.

"You may go." Abhimaan said.

They quickly left.

"I don't like her." Abhimaan said.

"half your office is talking about her." Ishika said.

"Are you jealous la mia anima?" Abhimaan asked.
(My soul.)

"No, I'm not." Ishika said.

"And why do you care go to your Naina." Ishika said 'naina' mockingly.

Abhimaan was amused to see this side of Ishika. Her jealousy kinda made him happy. He went towards Ishika and hugged her from back.

"Sweetheart, I don't even know this maina girl. The only girl my heart beats for and the only girl I like is you." Abhimaan said. Ishika felt heat rushing to her cheeks.

"Aap yeh lines seekh kaha se rhe ho?" Ishika asked.
(From where are you learning these lines?)

"Kahi se nhi." Abhimaan said.
(From nowhere.)

"Ok now let's finalize an assistant for you Mr. Singhania." Ishika said and they both started looking at the portfolios.

✿_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_✿_⁠___⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_✿

It was evening and they just completed their files.

"It's late let's go." Ishika said.

"But this is not the usual time I go." Abhimaan said.

"At what time do you go back?" Ishika said.

"At 10." Abhimaan said and Ishika gasped,

"Itna late kal se aap jab employees jaayenge tab jayenge it means 5 in the evening."
(This late? From tomorrow you will go back at the same time when employees go.)

"Ok." Abhimaan said. If someone told him a month ago that he will listen to someone like this he would've shooted that person.

"Let's go" Ishika said.

Abhimaan nodded they both started moving out.

✿_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_✿_⁠___⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_✿

Ishika and Abhimaan were in a Restaurant deciding what they want to have. After placing there order Ishika said,

"Let's play a game."

"Which game?" Abhimaan asked.

"Hmm 20 questions." Ishika answered.

"Ok. You go first." Abhimaan said.

"Your favourite colour?" Ishika asked.

"Deep blue." Abhimaan said looking in Ishika's eyes. That made her smile.

"Your favourite colour?" Abhimaan asked.

"White, beige and black." Ishika said.

"Your age?" Ishika said and smiled sheepishly.

"You don't know my age?" Abhimaan was shocked.

"Agar pta hota to hum puchte nhi." Ishika said.
(If I knew then I wouldn't have asked.)

"I'm 29 turning 30 this year." Abhimaan said and Ishika's eyes widened.

"You are 5 years older than me." Ishika said.

"Is that a problem?" Abhimaan said calmly but there was a storm in his heart. 'what if she says that I'm too old for her what if-' Abhimaan's thinking was cut short when Ishika said,

"No, it's not a problem. I don't care about your age that does not matter you are someone that matters." Ishika said making Abhimaan smile widely.