Chapter no.30 Holy Orchid Institute

In Glory City, the hierarchy is dictated not by wealth alone but by the strength of one's cultivation. This system ensures that those with power lead, protecting humanity from the brink of extinction, embodying the principle that "the strong lead while the weak follow."

Commoners: At the base of this hierarchical structure are the commoners, who possess no cultivation skills. Their lives are woven into the fabric of the city through their roles as servants, merchants, artisans, and farmers. They form the backbone of the city's economy, providing essential services and goods that keep daily life flowing smoothly.

Aristocratic Families: A step above the commoners are the aristocratic families. Each of these families boasts at least 10 Silver rank cultivators or a single Gold rank cultivator, setting them apart in terms of power and influence. These families often specialize in a single line of business or oversee a collection of businesses, predominantly in agriculture. They are the producers, supplying raw materials and goods essential for the city's sustenance and growth.

High Noble Families: Ascending further, the high noble families command even greater respect and power. With 10 Gold rank cultivators or at least one Black Gold rank cultivator within their ranks, these families wield significant influence. They own networks of businesses that work in tandem with the aristocratic class, transforming the resources provided by the aristocrats into refined products and services. This symbiotic relationship ensures the prosperity and stability of both classes.

Sovereign Families: At the pinnacle of Glory City's hierarchy stand the Sovereign Families, each boasting 10 Black Gold rank cultivators or a singular Legend rank cultivator. These families reign supreme over their respective domains, wielding power that shapes the destiny of the city.

The Snow Wind Family controls the flow of knowledge on cultivation. They back most of the educational institutions, including the Holy Orchid Institute, and safeguard humanity's collective wisdom. Various independent organizations, such as the Alchemist Association and the Tower of Scribes, rely on the Snow Wind Family's protection, paying tribute for their continued safety and the sharing of knowledge.

The Divine Family is unrivaled in wealth and land ownership. Their influence pervades every corner of the city's market, from the most luxurious goods to the most mundane items. They possess the power to sway the economy, making even common rocks seem like precious commodities under their manipulation. Their wealth funds an expansive network of merchants and servants, ensuring their dominance in commerce and trade.

Lastly, the Sacred Family boasts the most formidable army. Their military might is unmatched, with an arsenal and soldiers ready to defend the city against demon beasts and any other threats. Their strength not only serves as the city's shield but also cements their status among the Sovereign Families, making them pivotal to Glory City's survival and prosperity.

This system of hierarchy, rooted in the power of cultivation, ensures that Glory City remains a stronghold for humanity, with each class and family serving as cogs in a larger machine that strives for survival and dominance in a world filled with peril.

...

[ Glory City - Sacred Family ]

In the opulent office of a high-ranking elder of the Sacred Family, a striking figure caught the eye of everyone.

Clad in a lavender outfit that highlighted her impressive figure, she radiated both stunning beauty and an effortless elegance. Standing tall, her slender legs and meticulously applied makeup only added to her aura of dignified grace.

This was Shen Xiu, the half-sister of the Patriarch of the Sacred Family.

As she sipped her jasmine tea, Shen Xiu's gaze landed on the man sitting across from her.