Chapter no.42 Plans

[ Narrative Point Detected ]

[ Select from the following ]

[ 1- Kill Shen Xiu ]

[ 2- Court Shen Xiu ]

Nie Li couldn't help but feel the weight of the decision before him.

The lure of upgrading his combat style was too tempting to pass up, but the risk of killed by Shen Xiu like last time was a real concern.

As Shen Xiu began her lecture, her voice a melodious yet stern cadence in the background, Nie Li's thoughts wandered.

He pondered over his options, each plan forming and dissolving like mist in his mind.

Plan A: Repeat my old stunt, but this time, just ask for a rain check on the bet.

Sounds easy, right?

Nie Li mused to himself.

But the more he thought about it, the more he realized it was a bad idea.

"No way, that's like apologizing for stepping on someone's foot by stepping on the other one. When I try to court her she'd never go for it after being publicly embarrassed."

Then came Plan B.

Stay quiet, like a mouse.

But wait, what if the system throws a curveball?

It's like trying to guess the next move in a game where the rules keep changing.

Nie Li scratched his head, feeling the pressure mount.

Plan C seemed even less appealing.

Bolt out of the class? Great, then I'll be 'Nie Li, the guy who ran away'. Plus, with Shen Xiu's pride, she'd probably take it as an insult that I left during her lecture.

He imagined her furious face and shuddered.

It's like choosing between a rock and a hard place.

He sighed, feeling stuck.

What now? It's like I'm trying to solve a puzzle without all the pieces.

He sighed, his gaze drifting to Lu Piao, who was feigning sleep with a comical seriousness.

"Lu Piao, what are you doing?" Nie Li asked, half-amused.

"Making bread, you want some?" Lu Piao replied, his voice muffled behind his hands.

Nie Li was about to respond when a spark of inspiration hit him.

Lu Piao's absurdity, in a way, was the answer.

"Lu Piao, you are a genius," Nie Li exclaimed, a plan forming in his mind.

Lu Piao peeked out from his hands, a confused but intrigued look on his face.

"Of course, I am. Wait, what did I do?"

Nie Li didn't respond.

[ Selection Confirmed: Player Nie Li has chosen Option 2 - Court Shen Xiu. ]

[ Process: Simulating mission parameters and narratjve development. ]

[ Mission Generation: Initiated ]

[ Mission: Love and Betrayal ]

[ Mission Type: Semi ]

[ Objective: Court Shen Xiu ]

[ Reward: AI Combat Style ]

[ Warning: This mission encompasses multiple potential pathways. Player will be presented with choices for path selection. ]