Chapter no.38 Hot and Steamy Night?

Nie Li quickly glanced at his system interface, hoping for a bit of guidance. Nothing popped up.

"Looks like it's just me this time," he thought, steeling himself for what was to come.

He stood, facing Shen Xiu.

"Teacher Shen Xiu, my apologies if I seemed disrespectful. But isn't being curious a big part of learning?"

Shen Xiu's gaze hardened as she looked at Nie Li.

"Curiosity has its place, but it should know its bounds, especially when it questions the wisdom passed down by our ancestors."

Nie Li nodded, his face the picture of calm. "Absolutely, Teacher. I hold our ancestors' wisdom in high regard. But isn't it also true that asking questions and seeking understanding can help wisdom grow?"

Shen Xiu's expression grew even more stern.

"Are you implying our teachings might be lacking?"

"Not at all," Nie Li assured her, his response smooth as silk. "I'm just suggesting that we all have more to learn. Knowledge is like an endless sea, and we're merely sailors trying to chart our course."

A few chuckles rose from their classmates, and some heads nodded in agreement with Nie Li's words. Shen Xiu, however, remained unimpressed.

"This classroom isn't the place for philosophical discussions. I'm here to teach you the concrete facts our culture has established."

Nie Li raised his hands in a peace-making gesture.

"I understand, Teacher Shen Xiu. If my curiosity came off as challenging, I apologize. My aim was purely for academic."

Shen Xiu took a moment, her breathing deep as she worked to regain her composure.

"Make sure this is the last time we have such interruptions," she cautioned, then turned back to her lesson.

Nie Li sat down, a wry smile tugging at his lips when time stopped.

[ Option 1- Do you want to have a hot steamy night with me? ]

[ Option 2- Teacher Shen Xiu said, 'a commoner will always remain a commoner, they can never become a noble.' I have a little question. Wasn't the Legend rank Demon Spiritualist, Ye Mo, a commoner when he was still young? ]

[ Option 3- Want to make a bet with me? ]

He rolled his eyes at the first option.

"Really, system? That's just suicidal."

He thought about the third option but felt it wasn't as impactful as he wanted.

Option 2, however, struck a chord. It was a relevant, thought-provoking question that challenged Shen Xiu's earlier statement about the rigidity of social mobility.

"Option 2 it is," Nie Li decided.

"Teacher Shen Xiu, I still have another question," he said, standing up once more.

At this, Shen Xiu's frustration was palpable. She snapped the chalk in her hand and asked in a strained voice, "What question do you still have?!"

Nie Li took a deep breath and delivered his question.

"Teacher Shen Xiu said, 'a commoner will always remain a commoner, they can never become a noble.' But wasn't the Legend rank Demon Spiritualist, Ye Mo, a commoner when he was still young?"

The classroom fell into a stunned silence, everyone's attention fixed on Shen Xiu for her response.

In the classroom filled with students, Nie Li's question about Ye Mo had visibly impacted the commoners.