Chapter 4

The next day Lilian woke me up and brought me breakfast which consists of apple slices and oatmeal.

Then I got dressed into some riding wear and met my Aunt at the barn where she and Mr. Robinson were waiting for me.

"Today we won't put you on Perseus, just try to get him used to you,"The guy who I now know as the head trainer says. Then we will have you try a more calm horse just so that we can get the feel of how well you ride."

We walked to a small circle paddock where the black horse, who's name is Percy, was circling.

"Did you bring it?" The trainer turns to Rebeka.

She holds out a cloth which I soon realized is a jacket that I'd brought.

"It's not your favorite,"She says as she notices my look, then handing it to the trainer.

"We'll get him used to your scent, this will be in his pin near him at all times."The trainer explains as he lays it across the railing and backs up.

— — — — —

"This is Rover" The trainer introduced me to a Lusitano. "He's one of the nicer Geldings at the stables. You'll practice on him before you ride Percy. Let's start with mounting, then see how steady you are when on him. Once I have that assessed I'll have you ride in the ring. Tomorrow I will start to critique."

I nod as I walk up to Rover slowly, making sure not to startle him as I set my hands on the English saddle that one of the stable hands had tacked him up with

Pulling myself up I sit down, holding onto the reins. Then I start with a walk as we follow the fence line and back.

"Good"He says, "I won't have to start from a complete beginner's level after all. Have you rode before this?"

"Only a few lessons at a small stable in my moms old town, but that was a few years ago,"I say.

He nods, "Okay, now try a trot."

Using the skills I remember I flick the reins as Rover starts in a trot. We continued to go through different routines and riding styles, then he soon said we'll call it a day.

After a stable hand took Rover back to his stall I followed the trainer to Percy's, who was finally done circling the pin.

"Do you know why he's like this?"I ask.

"Your father brought him to me a few years ago, saying that he'd bought him from an auction gone wrong. Someone had set the auction house aflame, a lot of horses died. Percy was one of the few survivors."

"So he's scared?"

"No, I'd say he's cautious."

— — — — —

"Have fun?"I turn to see Aren sitting in a chair reading as I walk in after taking a shower.

"Yes" I say.

He seemed to be studying me. I was starting to get uncomfortable when he said, "Have you had the tour?"

"Yes."

"The official tour, or the actual tour?"

"Is there a difference?"I ask.

"The official tour is the main rooms of the house, like the dining room, kitchen, and the main library... the stables...-"Aren says.

"There's more than one library?"I ask.

"There's three, four counting my father- I mean fathers study", he says.

"There are other rooms in the house?"I ask.

He sets his book down, "There's the servants' rooms in the outhouse, the guest rooms, and the dining hall that's mainly used for hosting things. But father liked his hidden rooms as well. He always said that he could never get over the school's architecture."

The school. Secret rooms.

"Can I see them?"I ask.

He shrugs, "Your house."

Getting up he walked out of the room, I took the cue to follow.

We walked through the dining room from last night and into a small oval library that held a few chairs to sit and read in.

Aren walked up to a bookshelf and pulled on a book, then there was a popping noise as the door swung open.

Please remember to vote and comment!!! I take all ideas into account!!!!!