Chapter 27

It was October. The leaves were falling. Some trees were bare. Mist kids now wore at least a light jacket.

It was second period when I was called to the head masters office.

Inside I find Vivi, Aren, Mr. Robinson, and Seth.

"We have a problem." MR. Robinson says.

"Which one?" Aren asks. Vivi was picking at her black nails.

"With the resent attack on Lauren the news and Paparazzi are worse than ever. There's a conspiracy theory you or Vivi tried was behind the attack." He says to Aren.

"So?" Vivi asks. "I'm not saying I am was, but I'm saying that we can't control what the media says."

"Yes you can." He says.  "Because I'm setting up new family outings now, we need to give them something else to focus on. A 'happy family'."

"But we aren't a happy family" Vivi says. "And why should I?"

"She's your sister." Mr. Robinson says.

"Half sister." Vivi corrects, "and it was my father who decided that he'd give his entire fortune to a girl we didn't know existed until a few months ago!"

"Vivi"Aren hisses.

Vivi rolls her eyes, "all I'm saying is why should I lie for her? She could kick me o it of my own home any time she pleases."

She wasn't wrong...

"If Lauren was to die the inheritance would go to charity. And given that the killer is t you both then this new cascade could help them to hide their identity and make their moves more bold. They missed the heart once, they might not miss again." Mr. Robinson says. "And as composition, I am sure Ms. Lauren is willing to allow you to stay in Legacy academy and at the estate." He looks to me and I nod.

Vivi seems to be thinkings. "And if I say no?"

"You better hope they Ms. Lauren is kind to you." Mr. Robinson says.

Vivi scowls, "how am I being dragged into this?!??! It's his fault she got hurt anyways. That's why he is here anyway." She points to Seth, who's been quiet the whole time.

"For once I agree" says Aren. "It should be us you're turning to blame."

"I'm not blaming you-"Seth cuts off Mr. Robinson.

"You can't be blaming me completely." Seth says, "you're her sibling. Half siblings or not. This is all new to her and most likely terrifying. Yet you both ignore her like you've never met her before. Don't think I don't notice."

I looked at Aren and Vivi, Aren seemed to be realizing something.  Vivi seemed to be thinking.

"For now on I want you hanging out as much as possible. Schedule dinners, hang out at football games. And go to the secret parties you kids seem to be able to throw even with it being against the rules." Mr. Robinson says. "If you are not complying then I will not be having Ms. Lauren help you anymore. Is that understood?" He turns to me, "same to you." And the he looks at Seth, "and you."

We all nod.

Authors note: how was this chapter?