Chapter 14

I sat down in the bleachers as the fencing team fought. I spotted Meilin off to the side watching someone fight.

The masked fencer charged and scored a point.

"Anyone want to challenge our in defeated champ?" A woman who I guessed was the coach called out.

"I will"Meilin walks forward.

Meilin lowers her mask and gets into a fighting stance, as does her opponent.

"And... fence!" Meilin charges, and when she was about to score the first point the opponent moved out of the way and got a point instead.

"One"the couch announces.

Meilin gets back into stance and they go again.

"Two!"

Meilin gets ready again, this time not springing forward, they wait a second before her opponent charges. Meilin ducks and moves away.

They circle to the opposite sides of the mat, and Meilin lunges, the opponent jumping around them and scoreing a point.

"Three!"

"She cheated!" Meilin says pulling off her mask. "I saw her foot go off the pad!"

"I didn't"a girl with black hair buts in.

"You were over there Solana"Meilin says.

"It was fair Meilin"the coach says.

"Yes Meilin"the opponent pulls off there mask. "It was fair. Better luck next time."

It was Vivi.

—————

"Thanks for watching"Meilin greats me after practice.

"No problem."I say.

"Still mad I wasn't chosen as Captain." Meilin says.

"Maybe don't rant"Vivi walks out, her bag slung over her shoulder.

Meilin was about to give a retort when she shut her mouth, Vivi smiled and walked out.

"I know she's technically your sister, but I loath her." Meilin says.

"I didn't hear it from you."

—————

It was an English day, meaning no Luke. Thank the heavens!

On the downside, our teacher recanted about adjectives all class.

Meilin sighs, "that class will put me out of my misery. Why can't this school have one lazy teacher?!"

"We have a few"Amoy says walking up from behind us. I was getting used to her popping up from nowhere. "Ready for lunch?"

"So ready"I say. I'd skipped breakfast due to waking up late.

We walked into the lunchroom and sat down, "so what today?"

"There's a picnic at the meadow Saturday, everyone has classes off. Not counting sports."Amoy says.

"I love the meadow, it has amazing scenery"Lily sits down with Nick.

The meadow was a place by the dormitories, a small pond siting that the edge of the forest.

"I'm ready for Saturday"Nick says.

"I won't be here due to a fashion competition" Lily says.

Nick sighs, "guess my only company's you three" he looks at me, Meilin, and Amoy."

"Actually... Vanessa asked me to sit by her friends..." Meilin says. "Sorry."

"Still got them"Nick smiles to me.

Authors note: thanks for reading my book! Please feel free to comment! And please vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another meme!