Chapter 30

There was one more hour of the party that went fine before there was a scream.

A girl came running into the clearing. No one could tell what she was saying untill we all see Jacob. Who was carrying Nyx.

—————

Each kid was questioned by the head master individually. Of course only the girl and Jacob could give real information.

Though there was still a loss, the school would be punished for breaking the rules by doing extra homework and no fun activities. No shopping or hanging out. Just extra cuticular activities and schoolwork.

This lasted for 3 weeks, which I was fine with. I could use the time to work on my studies.

"Who's that?" Sahila asks as I open my phone after riding lessons.

"What's what?" I ask.

"The dog?" She asks.

"Oh, that's Benimum

"Oh, that's Benimum. My old yellow lab... he died last year..." I say.

"Oh... sorry."

"It's fine. He was a great dog..." thinking about him made me a bit home sick... for my old friends...

—————

The next day during chemistry our partners changed. I had Amoy which was just fine with me. What wasn't fine was that Melin was at the same table with the her partner Visha.

 What wasn't fine was that Melin was at the same table with the her partner Visha

We all sat quietly taking notes as the professor went through today's task.

Amoy pushes a piece of paper to me. Can we talk?

About? I push it back to her.

The thing that happened at the party . She rights back.

Nyx? I write. She nods. What about him?

The murderer is getting faster. They have been increasing their targets a lot.

What does this have to do with me?

Remember how I'm apart of the paper for the school? That gives me special privileges for information and I hear a lot of gossip. I've been investigating the murders for a while, and you're the second to get away alive. You're an outlier.

Second?

There's only one other, a girl who went missing years ago.

Who?

The missing heir to America, our country's lost heir to the throne.

—————

"Where did your information?"I ask as we walk to a quiet and unused part of the library.

"I was looking through the old newspaper files when I found a thing on a girl who 'got away'. But sadly she disappeared a little while later"Amoy says.

"The murderer?" I ask.

"Maybe."

She digs through her bag and pulls out a binder handing it to me. "This is all my evidence. And copy's of the newspapers that were useful."

I kept flipping through the pages untill I stop when a newspaper has a picture. I inhale a sharp breath.

"What is it?" Amoy asks.

I stare at the picture. It felt as if entire had stoped.

In the picture was labeled: 'girl gone missing'. It looked like a teenage version of my mom.

Secrets!!!!!!