Chapter 17

Two days after the show I was called to the headmaster office.

Inside stood the head master and Mr. Robinson.

"Please sit"The head master says. I sits.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"Not yet, Ms. Backer, but Mr. Robinson has brought it to my attention that your safety may be at stake. So we've made arrangements."

"Arrangements?"

"A bodyguard."

"Wouldn't someone notice?" I ask.

"There are actually lots of kids who have them." The headmaster says. "This is normal in this school."

Nothings normal in this school.

"Would you like to meet him?" The headmaster asks.

Him.

Before I answer the headmaster pushes a bunted and says, "sends him in."

A boy walks in. His hair is a dark brown, almost black. His skin tanned from time in the sun.

"Hello"his voice had a thick Italian accent

"Hi" I say.

We sit in awkward silence for a few montages before the headmaster says, "if everything's settled I must get back to my work. Seth, you already know your cover, and can fill Ms. Baker in."

Seth nods not speaking.

After we walk outside I ask, "Hungry?"

—————

I ended up choosing a grill, which was one of the many stores or restaurants in the schools miniature town/mall.

I ordered us burgers and fries.

"So... do you have hobbies?" I ask.

He doesn't answer, and I say, "you know when someone's speaking to you it's rude to ignore them."

He's still silent.

"Well I'm Lauren, I like to read and my favorite color is red. Your turn."

"I'm Seth."

"And?"

"And what?"

"And what's something about you?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"To get to know is you."

"There is no reason for you to get to know me."

"If we'll be spending time together then we might as well become friends."

"That's not required."

I let out a frustrated breath, "tell me one thing. What's your favorite color."

He seemed to think for a second, before saying, "Blue."

"How about not one word answers?"

"I answered the question."

"Yes, but that was barely an answer."

He sighs, "what's the point?"

"People will think it's weird if you can't speak more than one word sentences."

"That's fine with me."

"Isn't your job to 'blend in'?"

"It's to keep you alive."

I was about to say something when I heard a voice behind me, "well what do you know? Little Dove's is on a date."

I grimace at the sound of the nickname. Which I immediately realized was after my necklace.

I turn around to see Luke, behind him is Max, Ben, Camille, Vanessa, the blond girl from the show, and Alora

"It's not a date"I say.

"Then what is it?" He smirks.

"Dinner"

"So am I. Mind if we sit with you?"

There was no way all of his friends could fit.

"There isn't enough space, and even if there was I'd still say no." I say.

"Why not?" Luke leans towards me.

"Because she said so"it was Seth who answers.

Luke holds up his hands jokingly, "hey don't worry! I don't want your girl!"

"Then stop flirting with her and leave"Seth says. He then grabs my wrist and pulls me to the counter where he pays the lady.

"I wasn't done eating." I mumble as we walk out.

"We can pick up something." Seth says.

Authors note: what's your thoughts on Seth? Do you think Mr. Robinson is right about Lauren being in danger? Feel free to comment!