Chapter 36

"Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavory guide! Thou desperate pilot, not at once run on the dashing rocks thy seasick weary bark! Here's to my love!" Luke peretends to drink the poison. "O true apothecary, thy drugs are quick. This with a kiss I die!" Luke pretends to die.

I pretend to awake and be sad as I look to Luke's 'dead body'. "Oh happy dagger, this is thy sheath. There rust, now let me die!" I pretend to stab myself.

"Bravo!!!" Ms. Sophia says. "Now stay like that for tonight's performance!!!"

—————

"How was play practice?" Amoy asks.

"Fine. But tiering." I say.

She nods, "lots of words..."

—————

I was doing my makeup when Vanessa walks in. "Hey? Can I speak to you for a second?" She asks.

"Um... sure?" I say getting up.

"I just wanted to say sorry." She says.

"For what?" As soon as I say it I'm being pushed into the closet and locked in. I bang in the door. "Let me out!!!!" Then it hits me. She's my understudy... she wants the part.

I continue to bang until it feels like forever and my voice hurts. I sit down on the floor and sigh, my phone had been on the table so there were no means of calling someone...

Finally I hear, "Lauren?!?!!" It was Seth's voice. He sounded frantic. Terrified.

"In here!!!" I yelled. I hear the lock move and say, "I'm locked in!"

"Stand back!" In one thump I knew it hurt. Especially with the "ow!!!!!!!!" And other things...

"Stay there!!!" He says and I hear footsteps.

"Not like there's anywhere to go!!!!" I say.

I hear some clicking in the doors handle and it swings open. "Knew there'd be Bobby pins"he says. "Let's got you out."

—————

We made it to the stage in time for the ending. But something seemed wrong, but I couldn't tell what.

Vanessa oes, "Oh happy dagger, this is thy sheath. There rust, now let me die!"She pretend to stab myself, then screams. The knife was real!

People rush on stage, and in glimpse of it all I realize it had been swapped. And it had been for me. Not her...

Didn't see that comeing did you????????!?!???????!??!!!!!!???