Chapter 26

News spread like wildfire. Literally.

I couldn't walk through the halls or to my own dorm without all eyes turned to me. All eyes. Sure, some people might've liked the attention. Me? I hated it. Maybe they'd all try to check on me, no. Now I was a disease. The girl who survived the masked murderer.

It was like Harry Potter, but instead of wands there were knifes. And instead of Voldemort there is a masked figure.

It was like that till after horse riding practice.

Me, Zola, Renee, Will, and Raphael were in the barns lounge. We - I mean they were chatting about today's practice. I was quiet sipping a Dr. Pepper I got from the giant fridge. Evie left to study with Claire and Will wanted to work on his project for his cooking class.

"Lauren" I turn to see Vanessa walk up to me. "I heard what happened! How are you?" Her red hair was pulled into a perfect bun, no flyaways. Her riding clothes barely felled with dirt unlike mine when I didn't ride today.

This was shocking, she was the first few to speak to me today. And she barely spoke to me as it was.

"I'm fine, but I can't practice for the next few weeks. Just watch" I say.

"Too bad, there's another show coming up." Vanessa says.

"There's still a few weeks, by then I'll be able to at least do dressage." I say.

She smiles, it was hard to tell if it was fake.

—————

That night I went out with Seth to eat, along with Evie and Sahila.

There was a great sushi place I hadn't been to yet in the miniature town by where the mall was located. Sahila said that my stay at Legacy Academy wasn't complete without going.

 Sahila said that my stay at Legacy Academy wasn't complete without going

I'd never had sushi before, but it was amazing!

Seth went to ask the waiter for the bill when Sahila says, "I wonder why Vanessa came to talk to you

Seth went to ask the waiter for the bill when Sahila says, "I wonder why Vanessa came to talk to you. She rarely speaks to anyone if they aren't her friends, unless she has to."

"Why is that?" I ask.

"She's first in line for the Russian Empire, I guess she just sees herself as a higher being. Like Camille does." Sahila says. That's right, Vanessa was the sole heir for the Russian throne.

I hear a voice behind me. "Long time no see." Turning around I see Luke. "Seems like only you can get a killer to want you dead in only two months of school."

"What can I say. I'm special" I say.

He smirks, "look who adopted a sense of humor. That's new."

"I've always had it, unlike you."

"And an attitude I see." I wanted to slap his smirk.

"We were having a conversation" Sahila breaks in. "It's rude to interrupt."

"I was just checking in on Dove here, due to having a run in with a killer." He looks to my bandaged arm in its sling, "literally."

"I'm fine thanks." I say. "You can go now."

"I was waiting for a friend actually." He turned around and says, "Aren."

Aren walks up to the table, he looks to me. "Lauren."

"Aren." I say.

"I was just speaking to your sister about her little catastrophe." Luke says.

Aren's eyes were still on my arm, "does it hurt?"

"I have pain meds" I say. Turns out the cut had been deeper than I thought.

Luke looks over to see Seth walking up, "guess we better go and not get your friend all angry."

I know this wasn't a very eventful chapter and sorry. But I needed this filler for the next few chapters for a reason!!!!

Please remember to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!