Chapter 28

The next day at breakfast me, Zola, Evie, Will, Nick, Renee, Lily, Sahila, Seth, and Claire sat together. It was normal with Seth beside me being his normal quiet self.

That was when Aren walks up, "can I sit here?" Everyone was silent, I even think Lily was shocked.

I look at him, "Sure..."

He then sits to my right, quietly eating his breakfast.

"So... what class do you have next" Renee try's to start a conversation.

"Cooking" he says.

"Will cooks too"Lily says: "he's really good."

I could see Will practically shrinking.

"I believe I've seen him in class" Aren says.

"Hey Aren" Luke walks up to us, "whatcha doing? Why aren't you sitting with me and the guys?"

"I'm sitting with my sister" Aren says. The word sounded weird coming from him.

"Oh, well see you later" Luke says without argue.

—————

The day got weirder. While I was in study hall Vivi came up to me, "you want to get dinner with me after fencing practice?"

I had just been sitting and reading my latest murder mystery book with Seth and Amoy, Meilin blowing us off again. "Sure..." I say. "But I won't be very on time."

"That's fine, it will be a bit longer today." Vivi says.

"Are we going somewhere nice? Do I need to dress up?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "no, I was just planning on Mexican."

—————

After rushing from riding lessons after Seth finally arrived from hockey, I get dressed at my dorm. We then ride the bus to the fencing gymnasium where fencing was about to end.

As we walked in Meilin looked confused, "Hey! Are you visiting me?"

"No, we are going out for dinner together" Vivi walks up. She wasn't smirking, but I could tells Meilin confusion made her happy.

Meilin looked to me, "are you?"

I nod.

"But...". Meilin trailed off. Whatever she was going to say, she decided not to.

—————

It was 6:30 when I got back to our dorms. Seth had walked me back after Vivi headed to her dorm house.

The lights were on when I walked in, Meilin was still awake.

After showering and changing into Pj's I crawled into my bed and grabbed my book.

"What's going on?" Meilin asks.

I don't look up from my book, "what do you mean?"

"You and Vivi all the sudden hanging out? And Aren? Last I checked you three weren't close. It just seems..."

"It seems like what?" I ask now looking up and closing my book.

"Weird."

"You're hanging out Camille and her friends"I shrug. "I don't ask you about it."

"But this is dinfrent."

"How?"

"They've always been in this world, you were just a..." she trails off.

"A what?"I ask. She doesn't answer, "a what?"

"This is a different world than your old one... when you first got here... you changed."

"I changed? What happened to you not likening Camille and Vanessa? Saying Alora was too much of a flirt?! Now all of the sudden after bunking with them for one night your besties?!?!?!!"

"That's dinfrent."

"How?!"

"It just is, you and Amoy are nice but... with them  popular. With you guys-" she quickly cuts off from her rant realizing where it was headed.

She didn't need to finish though, I knew her answer.

How about some angst?! :)