Chapter 35

There was a scream... Ryan had asked us what next when there was a scream. And it sounded familiar...

We run towards it to see Evie on the ground, she seemed to be choking...

Sahila is at her side, sobbing uncontrollably. Seth kneels beside Evie checking her pulse, he looks up. I couldn't tell if he was looking at me or Sahila, "poison."

That one word was all it took.

Evie tried to lift her hands to do sign language but it was no use. She was to weak already.

"W- who did... t-this?" Sahila manages to get out in a sob. "Who did this?!"

Evie looks up and around the crowd, but her eyes seem to flutter. Right before the paramedics arrived...

—————

Naturally, they couldn't find the cause. Making it more of a mission than ever for me and Amoy to put my mom's mystery aside to find the murderer.

It's the September and still no clues, a few weeks since Evie's passing. The fifth passing this year. Four more than there usually is, which is what Amoy's information says.

I tried to keep my mind focused for play practice as well as I could, with school and horse riding as well.

It was after practice when Luke approached me, "it's a shame... I heard she was a good person..." his voice was barely a whisper.

I nod, going to leave when he grabbed my wrist, "are you okay?" His question actually sounded sincere.

"Yes." My voice shook. And I even knew it was a lie.

—————

Sahila hasn't been back to school in weeks. It was already almost November. She didn't answer anyone's calls or texts. Even Wills, who had been extra quiet. I didn't blame him. Evie had been his closest friend...

—————

It was nearing the play, only a week left. Then it was our grand debut.

I was in dress fitting with Lily, who had been assigned to make my dress. It was amazing!

 It was amazing!

—————

It was the day before. I was in the bathroom when I hear the door open.

"Can you believe that they actually believe it?" I hear someone say. "That she is t responsible for the deaths?! It's plane obvious!!!"

"She problem laid off the school." Someone else says. "She is rich now after all... even though she doesn't belong here."

"Exactly. I don't know how Aren and Vivi's mom haven't won the case yet to have the fortune so they can kick that girl out."

My breath stops, they're talking about me...

I accidentally trip.

"Shhh!!! Someone's in here!!! Let's go!!!" I hear the door close.

Walking out I was my hands, looking up at the mirror to see tears.

I push open the door to bump into someone.

"Well look who it is" Aren's smirk falls. "What's wrong?"

I wipe my tears, "nothing!"

He tries to stop me but I push him away. I was done playing nice. Bring it on.

How was that for an ending?!!!!!! Get ready for next chapter because it's big!!!!!!!!!!!