47| School Showdown

I was home now, still basking in the warm memories of my day with Grayson and Hazel

I she headed up to her room with a contented smile. However, my peaceful mood was abruptly shattered when I spotted a moth fluttering near my bed-a sight that filled me with paralyzing fear.

My heart raced as I backed away, my eyes fixed on the moth with dread. In an instant, I turned and bolted out of my room, clutching a blanket and pillow tightly in my arms.

I hurried downstairs to where my parents were in the kitchen, my face flushed with anxiety.

"Kiara." My mom called out for me as I walked past to the living room.

I turned around and peeked through.

"Mhm."

She looked up with concern. "Kiara, what's wrong?" She asked.

"There's a moth in my room!" I exclaimed, my voice tinged with panic.

Her parents exchanged bemused glances, surprised by my extreme reaction. "A moth?" my mom repeated, raising an eyebrow.

I nodded fervently. "Yes, Mom, a moth! I can't stand them, you know that," I replied, my voice trembling slightly.

My dad chuckled softly, shaking his head in amusement. "I'll go sort it out. Don't worry," he assured me, trying to stifle his laughter.

I sighed in relief. "Thank you. Please do, quickly," I replied earnestly, my fear of the moth still palpable.

My mom couldn't help but smile at my reaction. "You'll be fine. It's just a little moth," she said soothingly.

I shot her mom a skeptical glance. "Just a little moth that terrorizes me," I muttered under her breath, earning a chuckle from my dad.

As her dad headed upstairs to deal with the moth, I remained downstairs, unwilling to venture back into her room until she received the all-clear. I settled on the couch with her blanket and pillow, trying to calm her nerves.

After what felt like an eternity (but was likely just a few minutes), my dad returned, a triumphant smile on his face. "All taken care of," he announced.

I breathed a sigh of relief, my tense shoulders relaxing. "Thank you," I said gratefully.

My mom chuckled softly. "Ready to go back to your room now?" she asked teasingly.

I shook her head adamantly. "Not tonight. I'll sleep here on the couch," I replied with determination.

My parents exchanged amused glances before nodding in understanding. "Alright, lie. You do what makes you comfortable," she said with a smile.

__

I woke up abruptly as Jayden, seemingly annoyed, removed the blanket from me and playfully tossed a pillow onto my face.