07 David

David POV.

My relationship with Dannie is gradually spiraling out of control.

The more time I spend with her, the later I come home. Sometimes, I even use so-called business trips as an excuse to spend the night in a hotel with Dannie.

Instead, when I see Bella, I feel breathless. I lie awake all night as Bella and I lay in the same bed.

But that's not how it should be.

I abruptly sit up from the bed and look at Bella's sleeping face under the moonlight, gasping for air.

Bella is beautiful. We grew up together, and she was known for her beauty since childhood. Although Bella's health is now failing, she is still beautiful. Her personality is also great; she has never been angry with me or the servants in the house.

I get up and go to the bathroom, turning on the tap to splash cold water on my face, and then stare at myself in the mirror.

I ask myself: "Why can't you continue loving Bella as you did before? Just because she's sick and can't have sex? David, are you still a man?"

I ball my hands into fists and punch the cold, hard wall.

Bella and I have a different relationship than a normal couple. We are tied together because of the car accident. Bella's life is ruined, and I carry Bella's future on my shoulders.

But at the same time, Dannie and I are seeing each other more and more. Sometimes, I even drive to her house to pick her up.

Then I can't wait to take her to the hotel and have sex with her in the car. The back seat of my car is roomy enough. Dannie leans back on the cushions, exposing her beautiful neck.

I like to spend time nibbling on her neck; it's one of her sensitive spots. Dannie struggles a bit and says people might pass by.

But I just keep staring at her.

Dannie finally gives in, rips open the condom wrapper, and puts it on for me. I like that she takes the initiative to straddle me and skillfully controls the rhythm of tightening and loosening.

She's happy, I can feel it. But she's also worried about being discovered by passersby, so she bites her lip and suppresses her moan.

Then I stick out my tongue and lick her nipples.

When she finally can't hold it back anymore and moans softly, she looks at me aggrievedly, her face as red as a peach.

Her expression excites me the most. I realize for the first time that a woman's face can exude sensuality and innocence at the same time.

A cold wave is coming and it's starting to snow in New York.

After a business gathering, I return home drunk, and collapse on the bed.

In the middle of the night, I feel someone touching me and I instinctively kick out with my foot.

Thud.

I suddenly open my eyes and sit up, seeing that my underwear has been taken off, and Bella is sitting on the floor.

She looks up at me, her voice choked, "David, can't I satisfy you? I have my mouth. David, please don't leave me."

I'm actually annoyed. I want to ask her what she's doing.

But her pitiful appearance extinguishes my anger, and my heart goes numb for a few seconds.

I hastily pull her up, hold her on the bed, and force myself to appear gentle. "What's wrong? Don't cry, tell me what' happened?"

Bella bites her lip, her fragile shoulders trembling. "David, can you stop seeing other women? I'll try to get better... David, I only have you now. I have no future, no health. If you don't want me anymore, how... how can I go on living?"

"I won't leave you, I'm always here." I cover her with the quilt.

But Bella tonight is out of control.

I patiently soothe her to sleep, tuck her hands under the quilt, but she grabs the quilt, her face is pale, her eyes are red, and she shouts my name.

So I get her some sleeping pills.

Even when Bella falls asleep, she still holds onto my sleeve. I sit beside her, waiting until her breathing finally calms down before getting up and leaving.

Just now, Bella hugged me and cried. I thought she knew everything and almost blurted out the truth. Luckily, she was just overthinking things because I've been coming home so late lately.

I call the housekeeper to the study to ask about Bella's situation during this period.

The housekeeper says that Bella rarely goes out after being discharged from the hospital.

The weather has become colder recently, and she is worried that she will catch a cold again and cause a series of complications, so she has been very careful to protect herself.

The housekeeper sighs, pauses, and says, "Sir, if you have time, please come back more often."

I frown, "Why?"

"Madam waits for you every night. She prepares dinner according to your taste every night..."

"Wait a minute." I interrupt, "I always tell you in advance when I won't be coming back. Why does she still wait?"

"Madam said, what if you finish your work early and want to come back sooner? After preparing dinner, she sits by the window to see if your car will show up."

My heart is filled with mixed feelings.

While I'm having wild sex with Dannie, Bella is lonely at home, a place without me...

The housekeeper continues, "Today, Madam fell down. She's been doing rehabilitation lately, but she's too impatient. She's afraid you'll worry, so she told us not to tell you."

I sit in silence for a long time before gesturing for the housekeeper to leave.

The door closes gently.

I close my eyes, lean back in the chair, and sigh softly.

Recently, I'd better get home on time and stop seeing Dannie because Bella's mental state is really bad.

The next evening, I arrive at the door at six o'clock, and give Bella a bouquet of flowers.

She's delighted to see the flowers and puts them in a vase with water, saying it'll help them live a little longer.

I smile and say there's no need, I'll bring her a bouquet of flowers every day after work from now on.

Peace finally returned to the house.

A week later, while I'm in a meeting at the company, my assistant suddenly bursts in with a phone in hand.

It's an urgent call from the housekeeper, her voice trembling with fear, "Sir, it's my fault. I shouldn't have let Madam go out alone with the driver... I didn't know she was going to see you..."

Your mistress.

I immediately end the meeting and rush downstairs to the company building.