Extra 1

Dannie POV.

David and I are getting married. I want to tell my parents this news.

The cemetery is a distance away from the city, and David is the driver.

In the afternoon, we go out together. First, we go to the flowerist to pick up the two bouquets of flowers we ordered in the morning, then we drive to the cemetery.

The further we go into the suburbs, the fewer pedestrians there are.

I hold my chin and look out the window, remembering the times I used to go to the cemetery alone. I felt depressed every time I passed this road.

I even had the illusion that I wasn't going to pay respects, but to meet my death.

But this time is different.

David turns on the car stereo and keeps talking in my ear.

"Your mother will be happy to see me, right?"

"After all, I'm quite handsome."

"I've seen your mother before. She's beautiful, so you're beautiful too."

"Our whole family is good-looking."

I smile a little and turn my head to look at him. "Why do I feel like you're particularly talkative today?"

David smiles too. "Really? Maybe because I'm going to formally meet your parents, I'm a little nervous."

The car arrives at the parking lot outside the cemetery. This cemetery was personally chosen by my mother, in a good location.

She spent a lot of money to bury my deceased father here and even bought a plot next to him, saying she wanted to be buried next to him in the future.

I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

After getting off the car, we encounter the administrator. I exchange pleasantries with him, and then walk up the steps and stop at a certain row, and turn right.

Then, with David, I stop in front of two adjacent tombstones.

In the black-and-white photos, my father is still young, while my mother next to him already has white hair.

David and I place the two bouquets of flowers in front of their photos, then bow to them.

"Dad, Mom."

The tombstones are a bit dirty. As I speak, David takes out cleaning water and a cloth from his pocket, gently wiping the edges of the tombstone. He bought these from the administrator.

"Last year was a bit rough for me," I say slowly. "You two must know it in heaven."

"But I'm doing well now. Don't be sad. You're doing fine up there, and I'm doing fine down here."

"I came today to tell you that I'm getting married. This is my fiancé."

David has finished wiping the tombstones. He stands up straight, tidies his suit with his hands, then walks to my side and bows to the tombstones again, greeting them.

Then he starts introducing himself, his name, age, height, occupation, and income. He says he has a good personality and even mentions that his family has no history of genetic diseases.

They can safely entrust their daughter to him; he will stay with me until we grow old together.

I want to cry a bit, but I also feel it's appropriate to cry on such a happy day. Then David buries my head in his arms and gently pats my back.

The next day, David takes me to meet his parents.

His mother is happy to know that we are getting married. She wants to buy us a wedding house and asks me what type of decoration style I like. Although I am an artist, I don't care much about living spaces. David tells his mother that she can handle it herself but must prepare a large studio for me.