𝟬𝟬𝟴 𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒔

🎱. . .CHAPTER 008 ! —————
( real life . . . instagram . . . )
❛ smd ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

          The living room is filled with loud giggles as the whole friend group spreads out. matt sits in between maria and mason and they happily chew on their hot wings. mikayla's on the floor next to chris, whose arm is thrown around her, with a blanket over the two of them. but miks chooses to keep her newly developed feelings towards chris to herself as she's still very confused. why chris of all people? their 'pretend relationship' is supposedly just for fun, so why does a small part of her wish it's real?

          mikayla gently rests her head on his shoulder as nick, lucille and nathan fake gag at their pda. nate knows they're just pretending, but he still can't stand to see them happy with each other. it's not because he hates chris, in fact, he genuinely loves chris. he just strongly dislikes that she seems happiest in a fake relationship with his best friend.

          chris smiles, digging into the pint of vanilla ice cream matt bought for everyone earlier, but chris doesn't care. vanilla's his favorite flavor so therefore, he's the only one that can eat it. he shovels the sweet treat into his mouth, staring at matt, who has a disgusted expression plastered across his face.

          they all joyfully look up at the screen that's playing friday the 13th. it's the only franchise that lucille can genuinely watch without getting bored and even though she's already watched it a dozen times, she always manages to convince everybody to rewatch. mason yawns obnoxiously, "i'm bored," he says and everyone nods in agreement, except for lucille who just rolls her eyes. it's as if a lightbulb appears above mason's head with the way his face lights up. "we're playing truth or dare, now."

          matt shakes his head, "playing truth or dare is insane. are we in middle school? no."

          maria covers matt's mouth with her hand and he remains quiet, not fighting back. it's clear he's the only one that doesn't wanna play such a stupid game but instead he just gives in to everyone's idea. lucille starts the game first, with a mischievous grin. "i dare mikayla and chris to...kiss or something. just do something interesting," she challenges, clearly bored and needing some sort of entertainment.

          chris hides a smirk while maria, nathan and mikayla all exchange nervous looks, specifically the siblings. yes, it's only dare to everyone, but not to nate. he slyly shakes his head, staring at mikayla with the look, and she immediately knows exactly what he's thinking. nick shakes his head, waving one hand around while he holds a wing with his other. "fuck outta here with that," he mumbles and everybody laughs.