𝟬𝟭𝟯 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

🎱

🎱. . .CHAPTER 013 ! —————
( real life . . . )
❛ i slept great remembering that nine thousand
people know you're my girlfriend ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

Chris has never been good when it comes to communicating in relationships. maybe it's because he isn't mature enough to be in a serious relationship or maybe he just genuinely can't talk to his significant other, but it's always been like that. especially, when he was with talia. chris can't bring himself to take all of the blame, but he is aware that it is partially his fault for the break up.

all he could think about was his disagreement with mikayla before he fell asleep. after chris wakes up, he checks his notifications, almost forgetting the comments he'd left on abel's post out of jealousy. however, chris still refuses to admit that he has feelings for mikayla and it's just for her protection.

at least, that's what he keeps telling himself, because it's completely known to chris that it's nate's job as mikayla's older brother, but he doesn't care.

he sighs before stretching and immediately getting out of his bed as he hears commotion in the hallway, assuming that it's nick and matt arguing about something stupid. chris slips on a pair of gray sweatpants, opening the door and making his way to the kitchen.

the first thing he notices is mikayla, watching her try to make a bowl of cereal. he rubs his eyes, convincing himself that he's just still tired and in fact not admiring his fake girlfriend. chris huffs, thinking about the big lacrosse game, their channel, mikayla, school.

mikayla.

chris huffs again, realizing that he can't stop thinking about her, even despite the fact that there are so many other girls he can be thinking of right now. his burdening thoughts are quickly stopped from escalating as chris notices matt staring at him. not in a weird way, just slightly suspicious.

he shakes his head before walking to mikayla, who is currently trying to reach for one of the fancy bowls at the top of the shelf. she can barely reach it, so chris decides to take it upon himself to help her. the boy stands next to mikayla, swatting her hand away, grabbing the bowl himself and passing it to her.

"thanks," mikayla mumbles before grabbing the box of cereal. even with his lack of communication skills, chris understands that she's still mad at him. he wants to fix it, not enjoying the one-word conversations, but he feels like he can't.

the two are trapped in a thick, uncomfortable silence while nick, matt and nate all get ready for school. it's just the two of them left in the kitchen, making it even more awkward. neither one of them wants to break the silence, but they really do need to talk before getting ready and leaving for school.