𝟬𝟭𝟲 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒅𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕

🎱

🎱. . .CHAPTER 016 ! -----
( real life . . . messages . . . )
❛ god you're so perfect miks ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

Mikayla enters the living room while her friends converse with each other. maria and matt aren't sitting together anymore causing a frown to appear in between miks' eyebrows as she genuinely enjoyed watching them flirt. chris leans on the kitchen island, sipping on a pepsi as he scrolls through his phone. he's fully distracted until he notices mikayla wearing his lacrosse jersey and he's trying to hide the smug smirk that's growing on his face.

mason and lucille approvingly cheer from the couch. "nice jersey," he compliments with a chuckle. miks playfully rolls her eyes as she makes her way to chris.

when mikayla left to shower, chris absolutely tried to forget about every single thing that happened for the better. he doesn't like mikayla in that way, he can't like mikayla in that way and that's just because of what nate said.

but it's not like nathan just hates the idea of mikayla and chris actually dating, because that's just not true at all–he honestly thinks that chris is going to shatter her heart because that's the type of guy he is.

he's trying his hardest to forget about mikayla's drunk words yesterday, but as she stands in front of him with her head tilted, staring at his face to try and understand what he's thinking, it's as if all the memories come rushing back. great, chris thinks as he pushes his lips into a thin line.

miks' eyebrows pull together as her eyes are glued to his face. "nate needs me home," she says but chris only responds by nodding his head as if he's mad. honestly, nobody can really blame him because chris doesn't really understand his own feelings right now. "is something wrong?"

"nah...just a little hungover," he mumbles with his eyes glued to his phone screen. chris isn't trying to make mikayla feel bad at all, but he's just truly convinced that she's trying to ignore what happened yesterday and that heavily pisses him off. "i'm chill though."

part of mikayla's confused as to why he's acting like this for no reason, but instead she just purses her lips and leaves the kitchen to kindly ask matt for a drive home. rather than being energetic like normal, her shoulders are slumped reflecting the slightly bad mood she's in now, thanks to chris.

as she stands in a living room a wide grin appears on her face, watching matt hold maria in a headlock while they both loudly giggle. since the party last night, they've been really touchy with each other and it's not the first time. with the way they've been bickering for as long as mikayla can remember, it wouldn't be a surprise if they end up together.