Interlude: The Republic Military Industries' Woes 2

I was surprised to see that I was ranked third when I got home from my part-time job...

Thank you very much for reading!!

- Aizen Power

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2142 Stellar Year

Republic Military Industries

This is a department separate from the one that created the Chief Cannon.

"Juggernaut Upgrade Plan?" A certain engineer said while glaring at the documents.

The Juggernaut is the Republic's finest unmanned drone. It thinks for itself, makes decisions, and fights. With its thick armor, large-caliber guns, and tremendous mobility, it outmaneuvers the Legion and proudly fights as a combat machine to protect the Republic.

...That's the official story, but in reality, as everyone knows, despite being called unmanned, it's equipped with "Processors" made from Coloratas, and the "thick" armor is nothing more than aluminum plates about 10 mm thick. It's thick... when compared to aluminum foil.

The so-called large-caliber gun is only 57 mm, which is still much smaller than the tank guns used in ancient times. Its mobility, touted as outmaneuvering the Legion, is actually just being constantly outmaneuvered by the Legion.

So! Disappointed with the current state of affairs, the Marshal submitted to the RMI the plan he now held in his hand for the refurbishment of the Juggernaut and the development of a new type of machine.

"Ridiculous, there's no way those pigs have any value. It's literally like sending pearls to swine. Honestly... I wonder what the Marshal is thinking... Well, let's just get it over with."

"But, um... Chief, this..."

His subordinate flipped through the pages, and at the bottom of the section labeled "requirements," there was a small note written:

"Tests will be conducted by cramming the designers and their families into the new model or renovated model, so work hard on development with that in mind."

".........Hah?"

The man called Chief was absolutely mortified.

Surely they wouldn't actually carry out such nonsense. Surely they wouldn't treat me, who graduated at the top of Liberté et Égalité Institute of Technology, like that! He thought so. At the same time, a certain thought crossed his mind.

That Marshal would do it.

2142 Stellar Year was just one year after the storm of purges. He had seen with his own eyes many who were sent to the front lines or executed on the spot without knowing when or what went wrong, caused by the terrifying storm the Marshal had stirred up. Despite all that, he thought.

The Marshal will totally do it.

".........Bring me the Juggernaut blueprints and data, and call all the designers. Gather them in the second-floor conference room. If they value their lives, they better come immediately!!"

. . .

A few minutes later...

"Well then, regarding the requirements listed in this plan..."

"...It's not impossible to achieve."

"Technically, it's feasible, but when it comes to actually doing it..."

All the designers in the Feldreβ Design and Manufacturing Department of the RMI were huddled together, nodding and murmuring.

The Marshal's demands are as follows: