Extra: New Machine Takes the Frontline

This is a chapter from the time when the Dreadnought and the Juggernaut Mod were deployed at the front lines.

- Aizen Power

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2143 Stellar Year

3rd Squadron Frontline Base, War Zone 24, Northern Front

"......What the heck is this...?"

A certain maintenance worker was astonished by the behemoth sitting in front of them.

Unlike Feldreβ... it had thick legs more akin to heavy machinery than before, thicker armor unlike the aluminum plates before, and a 210 mm cannon instead of just the elongated 57 mm gun.

"Oh, that's the 'Dreadnought' for you. All the long-barreled Juggernauts are being replaced with this. The old ones are being sent to the rear, so make sure to write that in the report over there."

Leading a convoy of trucks to the frontline, the Alban trucker pointed at the clipboard on the bed and gave instructions.

The maintenance crew, still holding a wrench, circled around the Dreadnought, tapping joints and welded parts of the armor to check its strength.

"The joints... are solid, and the welds are firm. It's completely different from before."

"Of course, right? This thing's concept is a 'monster on land.' Even if it gets beaten up by a Löwe, it won't care!"

"What did you say? Seriously!? This thing's amazing, we need to let the guys know ASAP!"

"But there's one thing to be cautious about. This thing's armor material is weak against Grauwolf's high-frequency blades, so be careful; it'll be sliced apart in no time if surrounded."

As they chatted, trucks continued to arrive one after another, cranes bustling to unload the Dreadnought. With each step of the Dreadnought's feet touching the ground, a deep sound of steel reverberated, and its two camera eyes reflected the sunlight. The cockpit's comfort was still terrible, but should they appreciate the fact that cushions were added to the seats?

Next, arriving on a truck was a machine that looked similar to the previous Juggernaut. Though its appearance was similar, the armor material and the gun mounted on its back were clearly different. The armor material gleamed silver, and it had a long-barreled large-caliber gun, unlike the 57 mm gun.

"What about this one...?" The maintenance worker inquired.

"Oh, that's... ah, there it is. It's the Juggernaut Mod, with changes in armor material and the gun. Its engine is also upgraded to a higher-performance one, so its mobility is better!"

"In what way?"

"Armor made using a newly replicated material thoroughly analyzed from Legion's armor, light and durable. The gun's changed from a 57-millimeter smoothbore gun to a 90-millimeter rifled gun. This one's a masterpiece; it punched through a Löwe head-on during testing."

"Through a Löwe's frontal armor!?"

In the garage, amidst the bustling and astonished maintenance workers and the truckers proudly explaining despite not having made or designed them, the conversation continued. Meanwhile, the convoy of trucks kept arriving, unloading their cargo... the Juggernaut Mod and Dreadnought... and then departing.

"Well... that's about it. Anyway, these things are incredible!"

"Oh, by the way, what about the immaturity of the program?" The maintenance worker suddenly remembered something and asked.