Chapter 19

As the morning light filtered through the curtains, Sung Hoon stirred awake, his mind still buzzing with the memories of their passionate night together. With a gentle kiss on Lucy's forehead, he slipped out of bed, determined to start the day on a sweet note.

In the kitchen, Sung Hoon busied himself preparing a hearty breakfast for Lucy, eager to spoil her before he had to leave for Seoul. The sizzle of bacon and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, creating a cozy atmosphere that spoke of love and warmth.

"Lucy, are you awake?" Sung Hoon called out, poking his head into the bedroom. But Lucy remained lost in her thoughts, her mind consumed by the sudden appearance of Song Gu in her flashbacks from the night before.

Sung Hoon frowned, concern flickering in his eyes as he approached her. "Hey, sleepyhead, breakfast is ready," he said gently, reaching out to gently shake her shoulder.

But Lucy's distant gaze remained fixed on some unseen point in the distance, her brow furrowed with worry. "I'm sorry, Sung Hoon," she murmured, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "I just can't shake the feeling that something's not right."

Sung Hoon's heart clenched at the sight of Lucy's troubled expression, his protective instincts kicking into overdrive. "Hey, look at me," he said softly, cupping her face in his hands and turning her to meet his gaze. "Whatever it is, we'll face it together. You're not alone, Lucy."

With a sigh, Lucy allowed herself to be drawn into Sung Hoon's comforting embrace, finding solace in the strength of his arms and the warmth of his love. And as they shared a tender moment together, they knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would overcome them together, their love guiding them through even the darkest of times.

As Sung Hoon departed for Seoul, Lucy felt a pang of loneliness settle over her, the echoes of their passionate night still reverberating in her mind. Seeking solace, she reached out to her best friend, Noey, who had been a constant source of support throughout her tumultuous relationship with Sung Hoon.

Lucy's fingers hovered over her phone screen as she composed a message to Noey, her heart heavy with the weight of her emotions. "Hey Noey, what are you doing today?" she typed, her words reflecting the uncertainty that gnawed at her.

A few moments passed before Noey's reply came through, bringing a glimmer of relief to Lucy's troubled mind. "Nothing much, just chilling at home. Why, what's up?" Noey's message read, her casual tone a soothing balm to Lucy's frazzled nerves.

With a sense of urgency, Lucy tapped out her response, her fingers moving quickly across the screen. "Do you want to come down to Daegu? Maybe we can hang out. I want to talk to you about something too," she suggested, her voice tinged with a hint of longing.

There was a brief pause before Noey's reply came through, the anticipation palpable in the air. "Sure, sounds good! I'll catch the next train down. It only takes about 20 minutes from Gumi to Daegu, right? See you soon," Noey's message read, her enthusiasm evident even through text.

As Lucy waited for Noey to arrive, she felt a sense of anticipation building within her. She knew that their conversation would bring her the clarity and comfort she so desperately sought. And with her best friend by her side, she felt ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

When Noey arrived in Daegu, they headed downtown to a cozy coffee shop, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee mingling with the buzz of conversation around them. Seated at a corner table, Lucy hesitated for a moment before opening up to her friend about the whirlwind of emotions she had been experiencing.

"Noey, I don't know what to do," Lucy confessed, her voice tinged with uncertainty as she stirred her latte absentmindedly. "Things have been so intense with Sung Hoon lately, but...I can't shake the feeling that something's not right."

Noey reached out and squeezed Lucy's hand, her eyes filled with empathy. "I'm here for you, Lucy. Whatever you're going through, we'll figure it out together," she reassured her friend, her voice filled with warmth and understanding.

Taking a deep breath, Lucy plunged into the heart of her dilemma, her words tumbling out in a rush of emotion. "It's just...lately, I've been having these flashbacks of Song Gu," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "I feel so confused and guilty, like I'm betraying Sung Hoon somehow."

Noey listened attentively, her heart going out to her friend as she grappled with the complexities of her emotions. "It's okay to feel conflicted, Lucy," she said gently, her voice a soothing balm to Lucy's troubled soul. "You're not alone in this, and you don't have to have all the answers right now."

With her friend's unwavering support, Lucy felt a weight lift off her shoulders, the burden of her doubts and fears lightening with each passing moment. And as they sat together, sipping their coffee and sharing their deepest thoughts and feelings, Lucy knew that she was not alone in her journey to find peace and clarity in matters of the heart.

_______________________________

Can't believe you're already done with chapter 19! thank you so much for reading my story. Please vote and let me know your thoughts on the story in the comment section. See you soon. Bye...