•||Chapter 8: Nightly Walk||•

"The stars are beautiful, just like you Uzi!" N said smiling, pointing at the stars in the night sky.

Uzi blushes, not knowing how to respond but she smiles at N as a response to the compliment. Cyn fell asleep so Shirley Finch had to carry Cyn in her arms. Shirley Finch yawns and continues to follow Uzi and N, too tired to care about the flirting right now.

"So how long are we going to walk for?..." Shirley Finch asked tiredly.

"Only for another hour, I don't wanna bump into any sentinels especially after what happened to V" N answered.

"Who's V?" Shirley Finch asked again but in a confused tone this time.

"A friend and coworker and an old crush, I still miss her but if she didn't sacrifice herself then me and Uzi wouldn't be alive right now..." N responded with a frown, it was clear that he did still miss his friend who had sacrificed themselves to the sentinels.

"Oh..." Shirley Finch said, she felt bad for asking about V since it was probably a sensitive topic for N.

Shirley Finch looks around while walking, not giving any eye contact to N and Uzi.

"N I am sure she will come back, didn't J say that the most effective drones are cloned more?" Uzi stated, trying to reassure N.

"Yeah but it'll take forever just for V to come back..." N responded, he felt a little better.

"All we can do is wait, N" Uzi said smiling.

"I'm pretty sure V would be glad to see you again" Uzi added.

N smiles and nods, he held Uzi's hand a little tighter but enough to not hurt Uzi.

Shirley Finch was getting too tired to walk after 30 minutes, halfway of the hour.

"I'm too tired...can we just set up the camp already?..." Shirley Finch said with an exhausted tone.

"I guess we should, I don't think we can make it to our destination if we are exhausted already" Uzi stated, she got the camping stuff out and sets everything up.

N helps Uzi out and they got finished early, Uzi and N sleep in the same tent since there was only space for two people and there were 2 tents. Shirley Finch glanced at Uzi's and N's tent before going into her's and Cyn's tent. She puts Cyn on one side and Shirley Finch sleeps on the other side facing the opposite way. She thought about everything that has happened today, she eventually fell asleep.